033

Jace

"Mr. Davis, Ms. King has shared with the court that she has worries for her son in your care for the sake of safety & steady income."

"What? Safety? Steady income? I make more in a day then she do in a week!"

"Yeah ask him how he makes that money!" I shook my head. This bitch. "You sure you wanna take that route?" I said looking directly at her. Judge Leonard hit her mallet twice. Judge Leonard straight out the southside, she know what I do, anybody can look at Sharonda and know what she do and don't do.

"Yeah, ask her how her whoring ass make hers too!"

"Fuck you!" She stood up, so did I.

"Bitch fuck you too! It's time to get a life bitch! and stop sellin' niggas that hand me down ass hot box you got! Fuck wrong with you, Du-"

"Jace!" Shanny nudged me.

"Hey! I will not tolerate the disrespect in my court room Mr. Davis, this is your third warning! Ms. King watch it!" I haven't had to stand in front of a judge for shit since I was 17, but Judge Lenard definitely couldn't forget me, from my own shit to my little brother and his shit.

"Would you like a bank statement your honor? Cause it damn sure ain't nobody business how I make mine, but I understand your concern." Shanny nudged me again.

"Davis this is the last time I'll excuse it, watch your mouth! Actually, I would like tax statements from the both of you by the next hearing. Along with bank statements. Am I clear?" I smacked my teeth. "Am I clear!? and Mr. Davis I need contact information for Nicholas' nurses." I nodded. "Can I go now?"

"See you in six weeks. Until then, Custody remains with biological brother, Jace Davis. Dismissed." She hit the mallet. My lawyer got up and shook my hand.

*

"Jace you got to control that damn temper! You can't let her upset you like that! Especially not in court!" I shrugged. "She pissed me off pullin' that card. Now this bitch want tax statements."

"You can use mine!"

"How Shanny, when they got your name, social security and address on it?" I opened the door for her as she got in the car.

"Jace Davis?" I tuned around to see two cops walking towards me. "Yeah, the fuck you want?" Next thing I know, I was face down on the hood of my car gettin put in handcuffs.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law."

"What the fuck!? What's going on!?" Shanny got out the car.

"Ma'am, back up or you will be charged with i-"

"Uh uh. Back up Shanny. Calm down, just follow us to the police station, Imma find out whats up. I'm exercisin' that right nigga, let's go." She stood there lookin' shocked as hell. I swear I hope she don't start crying.

"Maa'm step back while we search the car." Shanny backed up against the wall. They stupid as hell if they think I really ride around wit' anything in my whip.

*
*
*

"Mr. Davis, you were brought down here for questioning about the murder of Shawn Fields aka Ace. Your name was brought up one too many times in my investigation for my liking, I just wanna see what you have to say about that"

"Hold up, back up. So, here, right now, your telling me, all of THIS," he did a motion with his hands. "Was because you wanted to question him? He's not a suspect?" My lawyer asked, pissed off. "Yes sir and No, he's not a suspect, it's just questions"