Chapter 8: Not A Superhero But Close

{Phineas}

I walked across the street to Isabella's house. I know she was at college but I needed to see something for myself.

"Phineas?" Isabella's dad opened the door.
"Hey, Mr. Garcia-Shapiro. Is it ok if I come in and talk to you and Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro?" I asked.
"Oh, yes! Come in!" He led me to their living room.

"Phineas, dear? Is that you?" I turned around and saw Isabella's mom come into the room in a wheelchair.
"M-Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro? What...what happened to you?" I asked.
She scoffed and waved her hand. "Oh, nothing important."

Isabella's dad came back with three cups of tea on a tray. "Aye, carino, you know it's not nothing."
"Phineas just came back. He doesn't need to know this." She said.
"His family is very close, he's like our son we never had. Of course we can tell him." He said.
"What is it?" I asked, curious.
"Ah, Phineas, my marido is just being over dramatic. I have a little bone cancer in my legs but it's nothing serious." She explained.
"Bone cancer?! Did you have treatment?" I exclaimed.
"Ah, yes! Luckily, Isabella's Fireside friend, Adyson was her name? Yes, Adyson gave us money out of the pity of her heart! Such a sweet girl!" She smiled.
"Um, Adyson Sweetwater?" I asked.
"Yes, yes! I presume you know her since they always came over, right?" She asked.

I nodded, now half-listening. My mind was spinning. Adyson gave money for her treatment? Then...why is Isabella so afraid?

"Phineas, you wanted to talk to us?" Her dad asked.
"Oh, um, do you know Johnny Fernandez?" I asked.

Mr. Garcia-Shapiro quickly shot out his hand to catch the falling tea cup that his wife had dropped.

"Phineas, sweetheart. You...you know about Johnny?" She asked.
"Yea, I met him last week." I said.

She took a sip of her new tea cup. Then, out of the blue, she slammed the delicate cup down on table.

"I don't know why she associates herself with such...such crap!" She growled.
"Vivian..." He laid a hand on her shoulder and she sighed.
"I'm sorry, Phineas, but I don't know why she hangs out with him. He doesn't love my hija and I know she's only loved-" She looked up at me and stopped.

Isabella loved someone. I wonder who. Whoever he is, he better love her back and realize what an amazing girl she is. I'm...I don't know what this feeling is that I was feeling towards her crush but I didn't like it. I've never felt it before.

"Um, who is it?" I asked.
"Ah, weel you don't need to know that. But...I'm hoping. Can you go to her college and see if she's ok? She doesn't tell us things anymore and I'm very worried." She said.
I nodded. "I'm worried, too. I'll go over there tomorrow."
Before I left, she pulled me aside. "Please help her. I know something's wrong and I'm just so worried."
"Don't worry, Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro. I'll find out. I made a promise to her when we were kids to always take care of her and I'm not breaking that now." I said.
She smiled. "You're a good boy, Phineas. And you've grown into such a fine young man. I hope one day..."
"What?" I asked.
She smiled. "Ah, nothing. Goodbye now." She said and her husband led me outside.

"Phineas, son. I know you'll help Isabella in anything. Just...just make sure she's ok." He asked.
"Of course, Mr. Garcia-Shapiro." I waved as I ran back across the street to my house.

I raced upstairs to the room I shared with Ferb. Ferb looked up from his phone and waved at me before looking back down.

"Are you texting Nessa?" I asked as I jumped into my bed.
He nodded.
"I'm heading over to Tri-State State college tomorrow. Wanna come?" I asked.

He shook his head. A few seconds later, he sent me a picture of his texts with Vanessa. Apparently, Vanessa wanted to him to come over.

I rolled my eyes. "Really? You couldn't have just told me?"

A text later told me that he didn't feel like it. I glared at him playfully and he smirked in amusement. 

"Well, I'll probably be back in a few hours. I just want to make sure Isabella is ok." I said and I clapped my hands, turning off our lights.
"Save her." I heard Ferb whisper.
I clapped my hands and turned the lights back on. "What?"
He shook his head and pulled the sheets over him.
I sighed. Sometimes, I don't know what it is with Ferb.

Probably a few hours later, my phone rang and 'Gitchee Gitchee Goo' belted out. I smiled as I reached for my phone. It was Isabella's ringtone and I hadn't listened to our hit song since we were kids.

"Isabella?" I asked, my voice full of sleep.
I heard sobs and fatigue drained from my body. "Izzy? Izzy, what's wrong?"
"Phineas? I-I'm sorry if I w-woke you up...um, can we talk? Like uh about anything. Um, w-what did you do in space?" She asked.
"Isabella, I'm coming over." I said, pulling on my jeans.
"No! No, Phineas, you don't have to come over! It's fine! I uh just needed someone to talk to." She said.
"Isn't Ginger your room mate?" I asked, tugginh on my favorite orange and white striped shirt.
"She's on an overnight field trip with Millie." She said.
"Ok, well, I'm still coming over." I said.
"Phineas, no. You really don't have to."
"But I want to."
"Phineas, it's twelve in the morning. Tri-State State College is two hours away. Don't come. I'll be fine." 
"I was coming tomorrow anyways." I said.
Isabella paused. "...ok, fine. See you later..." 

She hung up and I shut off my phone. I went downstairs and left a note for Ferb and my parents. 

"Sorry, Ferb." I whispered as I took his car keys and went to see my best friend.

I always liked Isabella's mom and we literally see Isabella's dad in one scene so yay more scenes also I will neverrrrr apologize for long titlessssss lol idk why they're long but..shh my child it will be alright