Chapter 12: An Offer You Can't Refuse

{Isabella}

I woke up pretty early. It was nice listening to the chirps of the birds and watching the sun peek out of the horizon.

I looked across the street. From my window, I got the perfect view of the Flynn-Fletcher yard which when I was younger, I used to my advantage to know exactly when Phineas and Ferb would be out there.

I checked my phone and saw that it was 7:00. I was worried about seeing Adyson today. I knew it wouldn't be the same as our usual 'talks' or our meet ups when we were friends. I was still nervous though. I wanted to wake up Phineas and avoid Adyson. But another part of me wanted to see her and hope...that things could go back to what they were before.

I quickly dressed up in jeans and my favorite pink blouse and ran downstairs to get some breakfast.

As I went into the kitchen, I spotted the door slightly ajar and I peeked into the side window.

Mama and Papá were sitting on the porch. Her in her wheelchair and him in his rocking chair. They weren't talking, just starting at the sky. Their eyes were closed and they had their hands closed in each other's. There was a soft smile on their faces.

I sighed, happily, and then fixed myself a bowl of cereal.

"Isa, my mija! What are you doing up so early?" Mamá came up to me.
"Oh, I just...just felt like watching the sun rise." I said. Not entirely a lie since I did watch it go up.
She smiled. "The sun is very beautiful, just like you, mija."
"Thanks, Mamá." I grinned.

"Mi amor, we need to get some more of your medicine." Papá walked up behind her and kissed her head.

Mamá's face scrunched up. She hated the medicine.

"Mamá, I'm going to meet up with a friend later. Is that ok?" I asked.
"Hmm? Phineas?" She asked.
"No. Actually, it's Adyson." I said, pushing the fear that had learned to initiate at her name.
"Adyson Sweetwater? Should I make her something? You could bring her my chocolate cake." Mamá said.
"No, it's fine. We'll probably be meeting up at a cafe or something." I said.
"Well, just be safe, my little flor de cerezo." She said and then went back to bed with Papá.

Once she was gone, I checked my phone. Sure enough, Adyson told me to meet her at Izzy's Ice Cream Shoppe near the mall at 9.

I grab my keys and my bag and headed out to my pink car.

"Isabella!" Phineas called out from his bedroom window.

I waved at him.

"Wait up!" He disappeared and soon, his front door slammed open and he ran over to me.

"Hey, Phineas! Whatcha doing?" I asked.
He laughed. "I was just wondering where you're going at 8 in the morning."
"Oh, just off to meet up with a friend." I said.
"Which friend?" He asked.
"Oh, just someone. I'd love to stand here and talk but I've gotta bounce! See ya later!" I said, swiftly placing myself in my car and locking the door.

"Wait! Izzy!" Phineas yelled as I drove towards the city.

I'd have time for Phineas later but right now, I needed to get myself ready to meet Adyson for, what I hoped to be, a normal meeting.