Chapter 5: Ferb's View

{Ferb}

Chez Platypus

Ironically, that's where Johnny wants to have his date with Vanessa.

Of all the restaurants, he had to pick that one. Although, I'm quite interested to see how it's doing. I haven't seen it since that reporter took it away for his own chain of platypus-themed restaurants.

"I hope Isabella is ok." Phineas muttered in the back seat.

We were driving there and funny, it was the next town over where Tri-State State College was.

I shared a smirk with Vanessa. I haven't told her about that wish that we came down here for, but it was amusing to find Phineas worried about Isabella.

"I'm sure she's fine. She better be or Johnny will get it." Vanessa groaned, her thoughts most likely on her obsessed ex-boyfriend.
"Isabella is a strong girl." I added.
"I'm...I guess I'm just worried...which is ok because she's my best friend..." Phineas said.

I turned into the parking lot for Chez Platypus and I smiled. It still looked the same and it was doing pretty good.

We got out of the car and Phineas twiddled his fingers as we got closer to the door. I noticed he's been doing that ever since we got back. It was unusual since he never got nervous or scared except for that time that we got stuck on a deserted island and that other time when we didn't know where Isabella was during a pharmacist apocalypse that Vanessa's dad accidentally started.

We walked in and Phineas' usual smile returned when we spotted them at a table in the back. They looked like they were arguing.

"Isabella!" Phineas called out.

Isabella turned towards his voice and smiled softly. I noted it wasn't her usual beam that she had when she saw him.

"Phine-"
"Vanessa, babe!" Johnny exclaimed.
"I'm not your babe!" Vanessa said.

Instinctively, I shot in front of Vanessa before Johnny could touch her. He shot me a dirty look but went back to his seat. We sat down at the table, too. Phineas sat on the other side of Isabella and I sat in between Johnny and Vanessa.

"I thought I was getting a date, not a support group." Johnny muttered.
"You can but mind you, Vanessa is still my girlfriend. If you do anything to her and say anything she doesn't like, Vanessa will never see you again." I said calmly with a glint of danger in my eyes.
Johnny scoffed but nodded. "Ok, I got it."

"So Isabella, you want to go to a movie or something?" Phineas piped up.
"Sure!" Isabella smiled.
Johnny swung his arm around Isabella and pulled her close with a smirk on his face. "Now, mind you, Izzy is my girl. I want her back before eight."

"What?!" Phineas yelled.
I was surprised, too, but I bit my tongue.
Johnny smirked. He knew he got us. "Oh, Izzy didn't tell you?"
"Don't call her Izzy." Phineas growled. Then he turned to Isabella. "Is this true?"
Isabella tried to hide her red face behind her hair.
"Yes, yes it's true." Johnny said.

Isabella didn't say anything and Phineas' face fell.

"I'll bring her back before then." Phineas whispered.
Johnny nodded. "Good. Izzy and I have something to discuss when she gets back."

Johnny shot a look at Isabella and she turned her head. I saw fear in her eyes and that was something I haven't seen since we were younger. Phineas noticed it, too, and took her hand.

"Let's go." Phineas nodded to me.
I looked at Vanessa. "You'll be alright?"
Vanessa smiled. "I'll be fine, Ferbs. Love you."

She kissed my cheek and then pushed me to go follow Isabella and Phineas. I glanced at her, watching slightly as she started a conversation with Johnny. Vanessa would be all right, that much I knew.

I turned back to my brother and our best friend from across the street.

Now I just need to find out what's going on with Isabella...

Sorry that it's short lol believe it or not this took like two days to write because my spring drama play was yesterday and today and there was a lot going on and yea...