Chapter 4: Questions I Don't Know Answers To

{Phineas}

I watched the guy drive away with Isabella staring at the window. She looked hurt. I don't know what happened but I do what to find out why she's hanging out with someone like him. Who is he anyways?

I headed over to Ginger and Baljeet.

"Hey, Ginger." I said.
"Oh, Phineas! Did you need something?" She asked.
"Um, Isabella was here." I said.
Ginger's face went slightly pale. "She...she was? Was she with...anyone?"
"Just some guy that she said was from Tri-State State. Who is he?" I asked.
"Oh...he's...he's a nobody..." She answered.
"Then why did he drag her off?" I asked.
"Well, you see..." Ginger stopped and looked around.

Lucky for her, Vanessa and Ferb came over. "Phineas, was Isabella here?" Vanessa asked.
"Yes, yes she was." I replied.
"Ugh, still?" Vanessa groaned.
"Still what?" I asked.
"Oh, he doesn't know?" Vanessa glanced at Ginger and Ginger looked away.
"Oh..." Vanessa said.
"Why won't anyone tell me anything?" I asked, starting to get frustrated.
"Well, it's not really my place to say." Vanessa said. Ginger nodded.

I bit my lip and then sighed. "Do you at least have her number?"
Ginger nodded, pulling out her phone. "Here you go!"

I typed the number into my phone. I thanked her and then went out to the backyard. I went to our old tree, slid down, and sighed. Ferb and I have only been gone for two years but things have changed a lot.

I turned my head towards the fence door, half expecting Isabella to push open the door and ask her usual catchphrase that made me feel like life was great. Of course she didn't come but it still felt nice to remember how happy and carefree we were.

I looked down at Isabella's number. Would this be a bad time to call her? I thought back to the hug. It was longer than our usual friend hugs. But maybe that's because I haven't seen her in two years and I did miss her...

Ok, stop thinking so much. It's just Isabella. Your best friend since you were a kid. No problem. Besides, you're Phineas Flynn! Inventor, creator, singer, dancer, wish maker, you know it!

I dialed the number and waited anxiously for Isabella to pick up.

"Hello?" A guy's voice. Most likely the guy that she was with.
"Johnny, give me my phone!" I heard Isabella in the background.
"Who is this?" Johnny ignored her.
"This is Phineas Flynn. Um, can I speak to Isabella?" I asked.
"Hey, it's your boyfriend!" Johnny laughed.
"Give me my phone, you jerk!" Isabella yelled.
I pulled my phone away from my ear as he started screaming. "What did I say about talking to me like that?!"
"Johnny, stop!" Isabella. She sounded scared.
I felt my face burn in anger. "Hey! Don't yell at Isabella!"
Johnny turned his attention back to me. "Listen, little punk, don't tell me what to do. And most definitely don't try to get mixed up with my property!"
"Isabella isn't your property!" I exclaimed.
Johnny laughed. "Oh the things you don't know."
"What?" I asked.
"Listen, Isabella is mine and I've decided that she can't see you anymore unless I get a date with my Vanessa. You hear? Tell that to her and her stupid British boy toy!" He yelled and then the phone clicked.

He hung up. I sighed. I can't see Isabella unless he gets a date with Vanessa? I mean, Ferb'd probably allow it because Isabella has been our best friend since forever.

"Hey, little dude. You ok?" Jeremy came outside and sat next to me.
"Oh, hey, Jeremy." I said.
"You know, you're missing your own party?" He asked.
"Yes, yes I know." I replied.
"Hey, what's wrong? I haven't seen you this upset since...actually I don't think I've ever seen you upset. Usually, you're all happy. Something happen?" He asked.

I glanced at him. Jeremy was a cool guy. I could trust him. Besides, he was my brother-in-law. It'd be good to talk to someone else besides Ferb about my problems. Especially because my problems concerned his girlfriend.

"Isabella was just here." I said.
"Well, that's great! Did you...ahem...tell her anything?" He asked.
"Well, I said I missed her. And then we had this really long hug...like it was long long. I don't mean to make this dramatic but...this hug felt different. And then her friend from college dragged her off. I called her and he told me that Isabella was apparently his property and that I couldn't see her unless Vanessa went on a date with him." I explained.
"All that in what? Ten minutes?" He asked.
I nodded.
He whistled. "Wow...maybe you should just tell Ferb. He'll understand."

I thought about this. Ferb would understand. He was Ferb, after all. Ferb always cared about his friends. But he also cared a lot for his girlfriend...

I stood up. "Thanks, Jeremy."
"No problem, little bro." Jeremy smiled. "If Candace asks where I am, just tell her I'm outside."
I nodded and went inside.

I looked for Ferb and Vanessa and found them still with Baljeet and Ginger. I told Ferb what Johnny had told me. As usual, Ferb showed no expression. He did raise his eyebrow a bit when I got to the part about Johnny going on a date with Vanessa but that was it. Vanessa, on the other hand, was fuming mad. She was spouting off saying how she couldn't believe how low Johnny was, called him a jerk, and yelled other things that kids couldn't hear.

"I can't believe him!" Vanessa yelled.
"But-" She cut me off.
"And I'm not his Vanessa! How dare he think me as an object!" She exclaimed.
"I-"
"Isabella should just leave him!" She said.
"What-"
"She's knows we can help-"
"Vanessa." This time, Ferb cut Vanessa off.

Ferb spun towards me. "How about we go with you to see Isabella? Tell Johnny that Vanessa will go on one date with him."
"But-" Vanessa started.
Ferb took her hand but stared at me.

I stared back. I smiled when I saw his eyebrows moving. Ferb and I learned to speak with our eyes and brows when we were up in Space. I saw that he was worried about Vanessa, of course, but he also wanted me to see Isabella. I smiled softly. Ferb always looked out for me, blood brother or not.

"Thanks, Ferb." I grinned.
"I'm going on a whim here and I'm going to say that we're going to Tri-State State college?" Vanessa asked.
I nodded.

Then I turned to Ferb, confused. I motioned him away from Vanessa and the rest of the party and he followed.

"Ferb, about that wish from two months that you and the captain got all secret about. Are you ever going to tell me what it was?" I asked
Ferb smirked. "Only time will tell."

Wishing On The Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें