Chapter 17: Phinbella...?

Lol can I just mention that I loved all the interaction in the last chapter for one sentence? Lol love you guys^•^
WARNING: long chapter ahead I sorta got ahead of myself but this isn't a filler lol and by long I mean LONG like it's 2,000+ words so if you don't want to read a long chapter right now, you can read another book until you're in the mood for a long chapter>•<

{Phineas}

As I watched Isabella's eyes widen, it hit me that she really had forgotten my birthday.

For my past twelve birthdays, she's never forgotten one. Apparently this year, it was not the case.

"Phineas! I-I'm sorry! It slipped my mind and-and I- tomorrow, you and me. We can do something together! I'll make it up to you, I promise!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide with panic.

I looked away. I couldn't bear to look at her knowing that she'd actually forgotten. Actually, scratch that. I couldn't bear to look at her because she was on a date with Django.

I knew Django had liked her for a long time and I had always approved but now, I wanted nothing more than for him to disappear and Isabella just be with me. I wonder why after all this time, he decided to make a move and it's when I find that I love her more than anyone or anything in this world.

"It's fine, Isabella. You don't have to." I muttered.
"No, no! It's not fine! I'm really sorry! It slipped my mind! I've never missed your birthday before so tomorrow, it's just you and me, Phin." She said and took my hand.

I glanced down and smiled. I noticed Django frown but he came over and wished me a happy birthday.

"You need a ride back, Izzy?" He asked Isabella.

My eye twitched at the mention of someone else using my nickname for her.

"Oh, yea, I guess I need a ride." She giggled and my heart stopped.

Crap. Why was she so cute...

"Cool. I'll take you home." He said and took her hand. She hesitated then smiled.

I was glad that it was dark because my face was burning.

"Are you guys dating?" Ferb asked in my place.
"Yes." Django said proudly.

Isabella didn't look at me. I felt a headache coming on.

"Ok, well, see you tomorrow. Phineas, come on." Ferb said and I followed him.

"Phineas!" Isabella yelled.

I turned around.

"We...we still on for tomorrow?" She asked.

I nodded. I couldn't find my voice. At least not now that I had to process that my best friend forgot my birthday and was now dating one of my close friends.

I followed Ferb to his car and just slept all the way home.

When I woke up, I was in my bed.

"Hey, Phineas."

I looked over and saw Ferb sitting up in his bed with a book.

"Hey, Ferb..." I replied.
"Don't you have that date with Isabella? You might want to get ready because she's coming in half an hour."

I jumped up.

"Ferb! Why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled.
He shrugged. "I didn't want to wake you."
"Oh, and when were you going to wake me?! When she was here and having a nice cup of tea?!" I exclaimed.
"Well, she does fancy my tea and biscuits." He said, focusing on his book.
"Ferb...." I groaned.