Chapter 3: Seeing You Again

{Isabella}

They're here. They're really here.

When I got a call from Candace that Phineas and Ferb were coming back from space, I probably cried. This is all I've ever wanted since they left.

But...

I'm too afraid to see them. To see him. I want to see them but...I don't want to go back and be the girl from across the street who has to fake a smile.

Especially now that I have...him...

Fear clutched my voice as my dorm room broke open and he called my name with his monotonous voice.

"Isabella!"

Johnny.

"J-Johnny? What...what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Don't tell me where to be! I practically own you! And don't forget that!" He breathed into my ear.
"Have you been drinking?" I asked.
"So what if I had? It's not your business. Come on. We're taking a little trip." Johnny said, gripping my wrist.
"Wait! Wait, I, uh, n-need to study for a test!" I protested as he dragged me through the dorm hallways.
"Doesn't matter. I need a date to show up there." He said.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"To a little friend of yours. My ex-girlfriend is there and I want to see her." He smirked and then threw me into his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours later

I was shaking. I wanted out. But he wouldn't let me out of the car. My mind kept wandering to the sign that we had passed a few minutes ago.

'Welcome To Danville'

"Johnny, please, I don't want to be here." I pleaded.
"Shut up. Besides, isn't your little friends back from San Diego or something?" Johnny kept on driving.
"Space. They...they went to space." I said.

We turned into the next street and my heart beat faster and faster. Maple Street. I was back. All of my memories of them were here. Well, more specifically in their backyard.

I clutched tightly to my tiny photograph of them as we arrived.

The Flynn-Fletcher house.

I peeked around and saw a glimpse of their backyard. A tiny grin tugged at the corners of my mouth. Ah, the nostalgia.

"Get out." Johnny shoved me out of the car and then turned off the engine. Then he slipped on his shades and flung his arm around me.
"Let's go." He said.

I waited nervously as Johnny rang the doorbell. I tugged at my flat hair furiously. I practiced little smiles but stopped when Johnny started giving me weird looks.

The door opened and I saw the face of the boy who had a special place in my heart since I first saw him.

Phineas Flynn

He was really back. He was taller, of course, and his wild orange hair was longer. But his deep blue eyes still had that same warmth and sparkle that I had been missing.

"Isabella!" He smiled.
"H-Hey, Phineas. What you-"
Johnny cut me off. "Hey, where's Vanessa?"
"Nessa? Oh, she's-"

Johnny pushed past him and walked into the house. I watched him as he pushed people to find Vanessa. I didn't want to look at Phineas, I was too nervous, but I could feel him staring at me.

"Hey, Isabella. Long time, no see." He laughed softly
"Oh, uh, yea..." I smiled.
"So, who's that guy? Your cousin?" Phineas asked.
I flinched. I really didn't want to tell him this. "I...he's...just someone from college." I lied.
I thought I saw a flash of relief in his eyes but it was gone in a wink. "Well, it's good to see you."

He held his hand.

Was he trying to shake my hand?

I held out my hand, too, but then his other hand extended.

Oh crap. It was a hug.

I quickly put out my other hand but he was too close and I jabbed him in his chest.

"Oh, crap! S-Sorry!" I said
He flinched but then laughed. "Sorry about that. Hug?"

I smiled and then put my arms around him, holding him tightly. He put his hands around my waist, also holding me quite tightly. I didn't want to let go. I'd been waiting too long just to hold him.

Unfortunately...Johnny decided that was the time to leave. He stormed out of the house and grabbed the back of my hoodie, dragging me back to the car

"Wait! Isabella!" Phineas called out.
"Phineas!" I yelled.

Johnny shoved me into the car and started driving away.

"Stupid crap kid. Vanessa is my girlfriend! And what if I had a few drinks? Doesn't mean I can't at least say hi to my Vanessa." Johnny muttered angrily.

Usually, when he was this angry, I tried to distance myself but I was upset, too.

"What the heck, Johnny?! I was spending time with my friends!" I exclaimed.
"You don't need them." Johnny said.
"I haven't seen them in years!" I yelled.
Johnny suddenly turned and slapped me. "Don't ever talk to me like that! Do you understand?! I could ruin your life."

I gritted my teeth and covered my bruised cheek. It hurt so much. I wanted to scream at him and punch him. And I should. I know I could.

But I can't...