25. The dream

__________________________

Wonshik stood with his phone put to his ear, stacking CD's when Hakyeon rushed in through the entrance of the shop. They instantly took notice of each other.

"Ken-hyung, I need to go..." Wonshik spoke, eyeing Hakyeon who was already on his way up to the younger with quick steps and a stressed look on his face.

"Yeah. I'll call you later."

He put his phone down and waited for Hakyeon to reach all the way up to him. Helplessly, Wonshik felt his heart speed up and his mind grow conscious; uselessly nervous. It made him a bit salty since he really was trying his best to move on since yesterday.

Holding Ken in his embrace, Wonshik had made a decision and now really did want to value the aegyo-filled cutie that had become his but of course, being only one day in; his feelings for Hakyeon still strongly lingered.

"I'm looking for Taekwoon..." The elder spoke, as handsome as ever.

"He's in the layer room. Are you okay?"

"I'm not... It's the door behind the register, right?"

Hakyeon walked past Wonshik who turned around to watch his ex-lover's back move further into the store. His slim posture and boyish neck - they looked somehow unfamiliar; like they belonged to a stranger.

"You've changed..." Wonshik mumbled when Hakyeon had gotten too far away to hear.

His mood had darkened into slight melancholy at the sight of the elder and so, as if saving him, his phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket.

"Buing buing, let's meet today~!"

Wonshik cracked a small smile at Ken's oddly timed text and a soft calmness overtook the dark cloud, healing him.

"Cute..."

...

Hakyeon stomped through the store and behind the register with determined steps, all until he reached the very entrance of the layer room. There, he hesitated. He stopped, feeling his heart beat heavily in his chest and when he looked down to his hands, they were trembling. Trembling in fear. How could he possibly scold someone in this condition? Did he even want to scold Taekwoon?

Yes, he did.

Because how the hell could Taekwoon not even tell him about such an important thing as moving? But then again, according to the things connected in Hakyeon's mind thanks to his own father's clumsiness; he could figure out that something big - a power yet unknown seemed to stand in their way. It wanted them separated... Taekwoon had stumbled upon it?

He cursed quietly at himself for not forcing the full explanation out of his already busted father before rushing here. That would've been so much easier...

"Stupid." Hakyeon randomly laughed and straightened his back, let his stiff shoulders fall, "This is all so stupid!"

"... What did the layer room do wrong?"

Hm?

Hakyeon spun around. Jung Taekwoon. Of course. The elder blushed a bright red and his eyes shifted unsurely, not knowing where to settle. It felt somehow embarrassing to place them at the always as beautiful boy before him; who in addition to that looked even better in work clothes.