21. Everywhere

__________________________

The school gradually emptied on students as the last classes of the day ended and the sun began to sink on the sky. The chatter lessened and atmosphere changed, there was something different about the building in the evening. Surely, it was because that the students that did stay, was the most dedicated and hardworking ones. The ones that to the last sweatdrop - would fight to reach their goal.

Ken stood in the small garden the school provided and quietly chose the flowers that were to be on display for the upcoming week. Gently and with a casual softness to the scissors, he separated the fragile flowers from their homes in the earth. His choice? Lilacs, the flower full of first love feelings.

Cut.

An ominous feeling filled the air, almost like a movie indicating that something bad were to happen.

Ken grabbed the bunch of flowers and went inside the school. He had often been asked why he bothered arranging the bouquets in his free time and about his tireless dedication to them but he had always been unable to give a satisfying answer. Seemingly, it was because he didn't know himself.

Probably, he just felt a certain safeness in them... Like the more time he spent with the flowers, the less time he spent worrying about things that troubled him.

He walked across his own classroom and took the vase with the previous now wilted flowers to change the water and replace them. Ken felt uneasy lately and that was probably why, he spent more time concerning himself with the garden.

Bzzzzzz.

He flinched to his suddenly vibrating phone, so much that his hands trembled - dropping the vase. It fell to the floor and broke easily, as fragile as porcelain could possibly be.

"Ah..." Ken got out, his hands not sure of what to take care of first.

The lilacs still rested undisturbingly, looking almost offended on the sink as Ken prioritized the phone.

The display said 'Wonshikkie' and the message itself, sent Ken shivers down his spine.

...

Trying his best to ignore Hongbin's presence, Taekwoon leaned in and gave Hakyeon a sweet kiss on the forehead as they stood by the school entrance, saying their goodbyes.

"Call me when you're done practicing. I'll come and pick you up." Taekwoon said softly with his real intentions resting in the back of his head.

We need to talk.

"You don't have to do that." Hakyeon sighed but a weak smile did escape his lips.

"I want to."

"If that makes you feel better..." Hakyeon chuckled and then turned to Hongbin, "Let's go?"

Hongbin nodded and soon, they both began walking towards the dance rooms, leaving Taekwoon behind. He scratched his arm passively, feeling a slight itch as he gave the school a last look. It's different.

Two hours passed.

Hakyeon raised his gaze to meet his own intense eyes in the mirror in front of him. The first hour had been mostly playing, warming up together with Hongbin but then, Hakyeon's resolution had grown; making him enter his own world built of focus.