23. Lucky

__________________________

Four boys stood silently facing each other in the empty looking environment the outside of the closed cinema offered. Taekwoon kept his gaze on Hakyeon, thinking that his desire to talk to his boyfriend had lessened together with the new complications. Wonshik stood right in front of Ken, but looked at Hakyeon. Probably, the peculiar meeting place to which he was all so familiar wandered his mind...

Ken studied Wonshik with a sulky look brought on by jealousy. He felt bitter, like he was losing without even trying properly. How could he possibly make Wonshik look at him instead?

The air was heavy and awkward, making it hard to utter their thoughts out loud - but yet they wished that no one else would do it before them... After all, it may not be what they wanted to hear.

A few more seconds passed before Ken took the initiative.

"I guess you're okay..." He spoke and successfully caught Wonshik's attention.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." Wonshik answered with a short smile.

The elder nodded and it turned quiet again. Wonshik glanced over at Taekwoon for although he felt oddly grateful towards his enemy, something was boiling inside of his mind. Especially when the couple which he so eagerly despised stood right in front of him. He could almost feel the air fill up with disgusting love and see the bond and exclusive titles which tied them together. Boyfriends. Wonshik's gaze shifted towards Hakyeon and he put on his most fake-looking smile.

"I can't believe you thought of this place." Wonshik purred, "It was such a long time ago..."

Hakyeon didn't manage to answer as Taekwoon quickly took a step towards his boyfriend and grabbed his hand before the conversation even got to begin. The hands linked together easily, willingly and with the followed effect of a vague blush spreading across Hakyeon's cheeks.

"We're leaving." Taekwoon said shortly and then left with the elder linked to his hand.

Hakyeon did look back, but only at Ken and with eyebrows frowned in worry. He wished his friend the best.

Wonshik looked long after the couple until they eventually went out of sight. Only then, his smile died out and mind turned numb and depressive like before. He was well aware of that he was the bad guy here... That's when he felt someone carefully pull his sleeve from in front of him. He turned his head and met with Ken's shy expression and cheeks heated red to which Wonshik's eyes unexpectedly widened.

It was as a sweet wind blew through his body and he recieved goose-bumps and shivers from the bitter air it brought with it.

Ken was smiling but... but his lips are trembling and his eyes wet. His hand is shaking and shoulders stiff.

"Are you oka-"

"I'm not."

"Ken-hyung?" Wonshik tilted his head in an unsure chuckle and the mentioned one lowered his hand, releasing his grip of the younger.

"I'm not okay." Ken's tears now begun to find themselves out of his eyes and his voice turned unstable, trembling, "... You're breaking my heart Kim Wonshik..."