10. The missing step

Photo by: -ichiio

__________________________

Wonshik dragged his working shirt over his head, revealing flawless abs and a well-defined v line leading down towards his crotch. He folded the shirt and put it neatly in his locker. As always, it was really tiresome to work on a Sunday. Luckily, it ended early. He stretched his back by linking his hands and raising them out in the air before him. Soon after, he let out a heavy sigh.

Hakyeon really hadn't answered any of his calls... Or too many of his texts... It made him feel helplessly frustrated and just the pure thought of Hakyeon hanging out with Jung Taekwoon every day after school made him nauseous and a bit raged. Angry. Together in that practice room... He sulked while dressing himself in casual clothing.

He was the one who had found Hakyeon first... He was the one who knew Hakyeon the best... Wonshik dug in his pocket after his phone.

I'll try just one more time.

He took up Hakyeon's number on the screen and pressed the call button without any high hopes. In fact, he was almost certain of that Hakyeon wouldn't pick up. Why would he do it now if he didn't do it bef...

"Hello?"

The sound of Hakyeon's sudden voice made Wonshik choke on his spit and he started coughing uncontrollably.

"H-Hakyeon... hyung?", he cough into the phone, awkwardly adding the honorific a bit after the correct timing.

Wonshik's heartbeats sped up rapidly and his hands started getting sweaty. He switched the hand he was holding his phone with and dried the previous one off at his jeans. He couldn't believe that Hakyeon really had picked up but as the fact settled, he felt overjoyed. Maybe now, they could meet? Wonshik missed him...

"How are you?", Wonshik casually asked, controlling his excitement.

"Ah... I'm fine.", Hakyeon answered.

"Would you like to meet anytime soon? I just finished work..."

"Oh, you want to meet? Now?", Hakyeon's voice suddenly rised in volume, something Wonshik sadly didn't pay much attention to.

"Yes! If you can.", he happily answered.

"I guess i ca..."

Click.

The call abruptly ended and Wonshik was left staring stupidly at the screen. Thinking, that maybe something was wrong with the connection in the dressing room. He grabbed his stuff in a hurry and walked rapidly through the store and out on the street. There, he made another try to reach Hakyeon's phone.

No answer.
What the hell?

Wasn't he about to approve though?

Wonshik called again but even this time, no answer. Although the signals clearly went through. He scratched his head cluelessly for a few seconds until a feeling of unsettling suspicion hit him.

Where could he be...

Hakyeon tried his best to sound normal through the phone. Like he was fine, even cheerful.