7. They're partners

__________________________

"Cha Hakyeon."

"...Yes?"

...

"Try to focus more from now on, we don't have much time."

"Eh?"

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon with an expression ready to complain but didn't. Instead, he remained staring with the spoken words hitting the walls inside his head. What the hell was he even saying right now?

"I'm saying that... You don't have time for a boyfriend such as Wonshik. Use that time to practice instead... since you obviously need it.", Taekwoon stood up, turned his back to Hakyeon and went to unplug his phone.

He noticed his hands shaking slightly in the process and swore quietly for himself. Because although he didn't want to admit it, he knew what was going on inside of his head right now.

He had started falling for Hakyeon.

All that competition thing... Why would he want to compete if he didn't have an interest in the price to begin with?

Don't let the thought settle...

"Right...", Hakyeon answered with raised eyebrows before his gaze shifted down to his hands, "but he's not my boyfriend...", he then muttered very quietly for himself.

Hakyeon took a spoonful of rice and shoved it in his mouth. It seemed to grow on his tongue as he suddenly heard his father steps moving down the stairs from the second floor. Hakyeon swallowed it quickly and gathered his unfinished dishes. He had lost his appetite... not that it was very big to begin with today anyways.

He really preferred living with his mother. However, now and then for both of their sakes; he had to stay with his father.

"Ah, Hakyeon. You're already finished?", his father asked and sent a lonely look towards the now empty dinner table.

"Dad was the one who lied first..."

"Yes... I'm finished.", Hakyeon smiled while swallowing back his emotions.

"Dad... You should have kept your lie better..."

"Are you okay?", his father asked.

No. You made me like this.

Hakyeon laughed reassuringly and put one hand on his father's shoulder on his way past.

"Of course I'm okay. Don't worry."

...

He sank down with his back pressed heavily against the door as soon as he entered his room. A deep sigh caused his shoulders to sink and he leaned forwards to put his forehead to his knees. His head was beating so that hard it hurt, and with every beat his body seemed to stiffen.

In that position, he glanced at his phone resting on the bed. Right, he was supposed to call Wonshik... Pfft, for what? Also, Taekwoon said that he shouldn't...