20.5. Special; Hyukbin

Special spotlight.

__________________________

The two of them sat silently on the bed in Hyuk's room with the TV on as background noise where "Haikyuu!!", Hyuk's latest obsession was showing on the screen. However, despite the energetic scenes and the show being generally awesome, the mood was rather down and depressing.

"Hyukie, It's not that bad!", Hongbin tried and put his hand on his boyfriend's shoulder in a try to comfort the younger, "It could have been worse."

Hyuk pulled away and shot a cold glare to Hongbin over his shoulder.

"Are you serious right now? It could have been worse? I hate those words..."

"Well, at least you didn't drop in rank."

Hyuk, tired of the conversation took up his phone and started scrolling through twitter instead. As if Hongbin ever could understand my struggles... Sure, It could have been worse but he didn't do all that hard work to get the exact same shitty rank as the last showcase either. Even Hakyeon had placed higher than him... He shook the thoughts out of his head. Don't go there. Let's not hate on a friend.

He heard how Hongbin sighed tiredly behind him but continued to stubbornly stare down at his phone-screen instead of adressing the problem. Hyuk was upset and did want Hongbin's comfort just... Aish. He strongly regretted his choice of pulling away from Hongbin's grip just a few minutes ago but there was no way he could say that and just casually snuggle up to his boyfriend now... It would feel like a defeat.

10 minutes passed and the anime episode ended, leaving the screen dead quiet.
20 minutes, Hongbin took up his phone as well.
30, he put it down.

"Yah, want me to leave?", Hongbin asked Hyuk who still sat turned away, scrolling through twitter or whatever.

"Do you want to leave?", Hyuk sneered back at him.

"I don't, I want to stay with you but it seems like you want me to leave."

"Leave if you want to."

That was it. Hongbin lost his patience, leaned forwards and snatched Hyuk's phone away. Hyuk reacted instantly in anger and turned around to whine about it when Hongbin moved forwards and made him fall backwards onto the bed instead. Hongbin now leaned over the younger boy with a annoyed smirk on his face, looking like he was on the verge on snapping.

"I told you I want to stay with you.", Hongbin said slowly, clarifying.

Hyuk broke eyecontact but blushed unwillingly at the bold position. He also felt a bit scared, because he hadn't known Hongbin long enough to know how it was when he actually turned mad...

"I-If you want to stay, then I guess you can.", Hyuk got out and peeked at his boyfriend to see if his half-hearted answer would ease the situation.

Shit. He still looks mad.

"I mean, uhm, you understand me right? My ranking was horrible, of course I'm a bit upset.", Hyuk continued trying, "Ah, but I'm fine now, let's-"

"Hyukie."

"... N-no?"

Silence and Hyuk tried to escape by rolling to the side but got stopped by Hongbin's arm before he could even turn his body. He then tried to escape by sliding his body backwards and sit up but Hongbin gripped his ankles and held him down before he got the chance to.

"Ouch, it hurts.", Hyuk whined to which Hongbin's grip seemed to soften a little.

He sighed and let go of Hyuk after a few seconds of silent eyecontact. He sat up in the bed and drew one hand through his hair, thinking. Hyuk was a very bright boyfriend. He was happy, eager and joked around a lot. However, the more time Hongbin spend with him, the more he got convinced of that Hyuk actually had a thick shell around him... That he didn't speak his real feelings very often nor easily. What to do?

What was he supposed to say to make Hyuk open up to him? Maybe... He moved a bit closer to Hyuk who by now had sat up on the bed and pulled him closer into a backhug. A surprised "Whoa" escaped from Hyuk's mouth as the younger fell into his embrace.

"What is it now?", Hyuk whined but stopped by the presence of Hongbin's forehead onto his shoulder from behind, "H-hey!"

"Hyukie... You've worked hard."

Silence and their breathing calmed down, went into sync.

"I'm proud of you."

Hyuk's eyes widenened and his fists clenched, feeling the heavy weight of Hongbin's head on his shoulder. As if he only now, after hearing those words realized that he indeed had worked hard. He had worked hard, did his best... And yet failed miserably.

"I like your voice the best. It's the best. Don't be sad Hyuk..."

Hongbin's gentle voice rang in his ear making his boyfriend's presence suddenly seem like a safe pillow to just fall back on. Hyuk, against his will, teared up and his hands and shoulders tensed. He spun around in place and nuzzled his head into Hongbin's warm chest, clenching onto whatever clothing he came by in the process.

Hongbin smiled as he wrapped his arms around the crying boy.

"You did well Hyukie.~"

"Shut up..."

__________________________

This special is unedited but I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Shitty bonus pt 2 since we reached 10k (ft. Hakyeon & Leo):

As the picture says

As the picture says... CongratulaTONS everyone. lol i'm an idiot