18. Don't lose hope

__________________________

"What about Hakyeon-hyung?", Ken timidly asked while continuing to distance himself, now reaching the edge of the couch.

Wonshik's smile didn't falter but it didn't seem sincere either. It was like he was clumsily hiding, unsuccessfully holding in his emotions. It was obvious that he wasn't in a position to laugh right now. However, still...

"What about him?", He asked with the words being close to trip on his tongue as he already regretted it.

Ken frowned, "You like him."

"I thought I did. However, turned out that love and sex are completely different things.", Wonshik scoffed and laughed a bit too loud.

In reality - he was only stabbing his own heart more. The heart, that couldn't forget about his past lover. His selfish mind, seeing past the sincere feelings in front of him... He chose to play. Wonshik moved nearer Ken on the couch and put his hand on the elder's thigh once again, squeezing it gently. He lovefully nudged Ken's neck while travelling gently, with light fingertips, towards Ken's crotch area. He could feel his target's muscles relax and was certain that he would succeed... When Ken suddenly pulled away. He stood up from the couch and gave Wonshik a serious gaze.

"You're making it hard for me...", Ken spoke with a low voice.

"You're hard, right?"

"..."

When Ken didn't respond, Wonshik laughed and stood up from the couch, moving towards his locker, "You're cute."

Ken blushed and felt his confidence shrink even smaller. He glanced briefly at who Wonshik was changing to his casual shirt beside him. Always that word, that saying, that he was cute. Annoying.

"Whatever...", Ken mumbled.

To him it was unknown, that if he just had tried a little bit more. Taken one more step forwards... Wonshik would have burst and told everything to the cute boy in front of him. Because Wonshik, stood right now on the edge of a tall cliff after hiding his rationality away somewhere yet unknown. His emotions was wavering and his hatred had no direction. Ken's voice may had been enough for him to turn around and listen, but not enough to step away from the fall.

The locker closed with a light slam and Wonshik put the bag around his shoulder. Like this, he casually nodded for Ken to follow.

"Let's go."

Ken pulled his hood over his head and followed Wonshik out from the room and through the store. Well outside, they both stopped and looked at each other with the late sun playing in their hairs. Sounds of cars, people in a hurry trying to get home were heard in the distance from the main road. Ken took one step backwards without letting go of Wonshik's gaze.

"Well, I'm going this way...", Ken said.

"Ken-hyung."

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell Hakyeon-hyung that we're friends, okay?", He said in a warm tone, fitting to the color of the sky where the sun was setting.

Ken raised one eyebrow, yet again, curious at the unknown drama concerning the two of them. He smiled gently with a lump of worry growing in his throat. Could it get more confusing?