11. Showcase

__________________________

A light tap on the shoulder from behind.

"Excuse me... Are you looking for someone again?"

"Eh? Ah... I guess.", Wonshik said, surprised by the appearance of the same boy he had met the last time he came to this school.

He scratched his neck and smiled a sorry smile.

"Ken, was it?", he asked as he remembered.

Ken nodded slowly while feeling his cheeks unwillingly heat up. Happy because he remembered your name? Ken shook his head. Don't. Besides...

"Are you looking for Hakyeon-hyung again?"

"Yeah, i heard there was a showcase today...", Wonshik said and casually drew his hand through his hair while meeting Ken's gaze, who instantly looked away.

"It doesn't start until in like three hours... It's in the afternoon."

Ken sucked on his lips. Didn't this guy have his own schoolwork to manage? Or at least his own school to go to? Well, he did have that faint bad boy feeling to his looks... Wonshik nodded in understanding to Ken's words and they both stood awkwardly in silence for a few moments.

"If you want to... You can help me with the flowers?", Ken asked, slightly pitying the raven-haired boy.

"Flowers?"

The lights on the stage went on.

"Hello everyone, young and old, student or not. Welcome to ASC's showcase! I am the principal..."

Hakyeon glanced Taekwoon's way for a second as the principal continued speaking in the background. Wasn't Taekwoon nervous? He looked pretty much like he always did... Or maybe he tried to not show any reaction due to all the obvious whispering going on around us. Hakyeon clenched his fists that started to get sweaty.

"I'm so excited to hear Taekwoon-oppa sing again! I missed his voice!"

"I'm more excited to see The God of dancing."

"I heard he's really nothing special..."

"I heard the opposite! That he has been involved with Korea's best dance group."

"All eyes are on them, huh?"

"The God of dancing must be sooo good for our Taekwoonie-oppa to partner up with him!"

Hakyeon sank down in his seat just a tad, as if it would help closing out all noise. How could he possibly live up to all of their expectations?

"So, let's not wait any longer and bring up our first student! From class B2, Lee Jaehwan!"

Ken? Hakyeon straightened his back out of curiosity since Ken had told him that he usually ranked very high, right behind Taekwoon and soon after; he understood why. Ken had a very noticeable voice, the kind that really stood out. If Taekwoon's voice made one quiet and calm in order to take in as much as possible, Ken's voice was one that made your jaw drop and a strange desire to smile appear. You wanted to get involved.