8. They're lovers

__________________________

"Hyung, your phone keeps buzzing!", Ken commented and poked at Hakyeon who was half asleep with the side of his head resting on the school bench before him.

Hakyeon grunted, displeased by the awakening but did rub his eyes lightly in a try to wake up. Taekwoon had made him stay late until school closed yesterday and even demanded that Hakyeon would promise to continue alone at home. A promise that he wouldn't had kept if Taekwoon hadn't been calling him once every half hour.

"Who is it that's texting you?", Ken asked curiously, "The guy that was looking for you the other day?"

"Looking for me?", Hakyeon asked with a yawn.

"Yeah, i told him that you were in the dance halls."

"So it was you...", Hakyeon sighed and switched sides, turning his head away from Ken, "Yeah, it's him."

"I see..."

Hakyeon lifted one eyebrow, surprised that it stopped Ken's questions so easily. Wasn't this the part where you would usually get more interested in the topic?... Whatever, Hakyeon was just grateful that he didn't have to talk about it.

The texts that Wonshik were sending had started getting a bit creepy... Obsessive. So he let them be.

"Hey Ken, what rank do you usually rank in the showcase?", Hakyeon asked and turned his head back to his classmate.

"Around 2-5 i guess.", Ken said with a proud smile.

"... Tch."

"What?"

"Feels like we're enemies."

Ken laughed and Hakyeon smiled as well. It was meant as a joke but of course there was some truth behind it. He really wanted to help Taekwoon get first place, in order to not do as Hongbin said: "...drag people down to hell with him".

Actually, Hakyeon felt a bit sulky. The reason being that ever since yesterday, Taekwoon had only shown a clear interest in practicing. He had gotten much colder and didn't even react when Hakyeon touched him or came with flirty remarks. How could he not mention even once what happened between them before Wonshik interrupted?

Another reason for his low mood was because when he spoke to Hongbin about his date with Taekwoon, it had somehow ended up as a double date...

The classroom door opened and Hakyeon eyed Taekwoon who had entered wearing his usual pokerface. He nodded briefly towards Hakyeon before he went to sit down in his seat behind him. No words were uttered. Hakyeon huffed and turned his head straight forwards to Ken who chuckled nervously, not wanting to ask about it.

Hakyeon let a long sigh out and felt how the feeling of sleepiness returned.

Is it me that's odd? We definitely had a different mood before though...

"I heard that you got a partner for the showcase this time?", Taekwoon's father asked while elegantly cutting his steak.

Taekwoon nodded, "I did."

His mother smiled and put her hands together in a happy gesture. Looking at Taekwoon with expectant eyes.