Chapter Twenty Four- Corporal

Skye's POV

"Hurry up, Eren!" I yelled back at the immature boy.

"But Corporal--" He tried to say.

"Call me captain!" I snapped.

I never liked being called corporal. It was Levi's title, and I did not deserve to be called it.

"Sorry....Uh....Captain!" He corrected himself.

He finally caught up to me, "So, Erwin sent us on a special mission?!"

"Don't flatter yourself, Yeager! We are to simply talk to notify the Garrison about our apologies." I said.

"Wow, you sound like Levi! And, what apologies?" He asked.

I stiffened at what he said. I pushed it away, getting rid of the reoccurring memories I had of Levi.

"When we left the ball early. Erwin wants me to notify the Garrison, who will notify the coordinator." I explained.

"Then, why am I here?" Eren asked.

"Because you were being a pain in the ass." I commented.

"Good to know." He said sarcastically.

I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes. I brought him into a tight hug.

"Corpor--I mean Captain, w-what are you d-doing?!" He asked bewildered.

I let go and straightened my jacket out, then I looked up smiling and said, "Eren! You learned sarcasm."

His face dropped, "That's it?"

"You sound disappointed....you should be happy. I respect you more, now." I said.

"Well....I appreciate your respect, I guess. I just thought that you were praising me for something else." He said.

"Which was?" I questioned.

"I don't know." He said.

I began walking again. Arriving at the gates, I looked for a specific person.

"Ah, well if it isn't Corporal Skye Akamine and Eren Yeager!" A tall man with blonde hair called out.

"Hello, Mr. Hannes!" Eren yelled out, "Wait, you know corpor--I mean Captain?"

"Of course! Who doesn't?" He yelled out.

"True." Eren said deep in thought.

I glared at the boy, then looked up, "I am here to tell the Garrison to let the coordinator of the King's Ball know that we apologize for leaving so early."

"I will get right on that. Will that be it?" Mr. Hannes asked.

"Yes, that is it." I answered, "Now, come on Eren. It's time to leave."

"Awww, but Captain! Can I please stay and talk to Mr. Hannes a bit?" He complained.

I sighed, "Fine, I will walk around, but when I get back, you better be ready to leave." I warned.

As I walked away I could hear Hannes laughing at Eren's frightened reaction.

"It's Corporal Skye Akamine!" I heard a youthful voice off in the distance.