Chapter Twenty- Infirmary

Skye's POV

I groaned as I rolled over onto my sore side. What the hell happened? Oh shit....Oww....I fucking hurt everywhere. I wonder what the short bastard looks like. Knowing him, he probably only walked away with a few scratches or less. Tch, that fucking brat.

"Oh god, I am even beginning to fucking sound like him." I yelled out in frustration.

"U-Ummmm....Captain Akamine, are you okay?" I heard a faint voice say.

I glanced to my left to see a young boy, around the age of fifteen or sixteen perhaps, lying in the next bed with a bandage around one of his eyes. He had shaggy blonde hair and his eye that wasn't bandaged was brown.

"And what do I owe the pleasure of meeting a brat like you?" I sarcastically remarked.

The kid frowned at my comment. Shifting in his bed, to sit upright, he leaned against the back of the bed.

"I suppose you do not remember me then." He said, looking saddened.

"No, I don't, sorry." I responded searching my messed up mind for any memories of this kid.

"I am the kid that was in your trainee group, who got stabbed in the eye by the girl, who was also in your trainee group." He explained annoyed.

Oh that is right, I helped Hanji with his surgery and bandaging up his wound. Truly awful.

"Ha! I remember you. Sooo, how's the eye doing?" I questioned.

"Well, they said that I could stay here until it healed more, but I most likely will not be able to fight. So, most likely I will go back to my home town and work in the fields. I had a good run, for a bit." He said, a single tear slipping out of his eye.

Sad....truly sad. He worked so hard on training, but now because of one attention seeking girl's mistake and he has to go back and do dreadful work. I need to help him. It might be out of pity, or maybe the fact he reminded me a bit of Charlie, but I needed to help him. Charlie....that brings a sting. I have to help him.

"What's your name?" I smiled warmly.

"W-what?" He asked surprised.

"What? Do you not know? Well then...." I said, teasing him.

"N-no! Umm....I know my own name. It's Jasper. Jasper Mineka" He said, laughing nervously a bit.

"Well, hello Cadet Mineka! Oh....What was your rank?" I continued the questions.

"My rank....?" He questioned, looking confused as to what I was asking him.

I sighed in irritation, but changed it to a warm smile, "What was your rank from the Trainee Corps?"

"OH! It was rank three...." He mumbled.

"Three? Not bad." I complimented him.

"T-thank you, Captain Akamine!" He exclaimed.

"Hmmm....Please do not call me that. We are acquaintances now, please call me Skye." I corrected him.

His eyes widened, "Captain Skye?"

"Just Skye." I correct him once again.

"Okay, Skye!" He yelled cheerfully.

"Alright, now lets get to the point. I will talk to Erwin and...." I looked down at my bruises and shuddered slightly, "And Levi. I will make sure you stay here with the Survey Corps. I will diligently train you until you become the best cadet there is. Then I will watch you fly through the ranks as the one eyed cadet who refused to give up. I will not let you give up all because you injured your eye." I said.

"But, Cap-- I mean Skye, they said I would have to go back to my hometown and find work there." He said.

"I do not care. I will change that." I said.

I hobbled up out of my bed with a loud groan here and there due to the pain. I looked over at the boy who was lying in the bed, with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

"I will be back soon, but I have to attend to some overdue business," I turned to the door, "Oh, and when you fly through the ranks, do not forget to give me some of the credit."

"I won't, I promise!" Jasper yelled excitedly from his bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stalked down the hallway, letting out grunts every so often from the pain. I looked up to see Levi gazing out of the window. He almost looked....peaceful instead of his usual self, tense. Should I bother him? He turned around, fixing his gaze on me. His eyes traced the bruises that lined my arms. Well shit....it's too late now. I walked up to him and stared into his eyes for a few minutes.
He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off, "Please"

"W-what?" He stuttered.

Wait....Did he just stutter. Did Levi, stone, cold Levi just stutter?!

"What's with the stutter?" I asked, giving him nothing, but a simple glare of disapproval.

"Tch." He said.

"Is that it?" I asked in a bored tone.

His eyes widened slightly as he looked down at me.

"What do you want? An apology?" He asked in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, I would love an apology, but knowing you, that will never happen. So don't worry, I'm not here to pry a meaningless 'sorry' from you." I explained in the same bored tone.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Then why are you here?"

"I am here for an apology--" I tried to say.

"You just said that you weren't here to get me to apologize." He said irritated.

"Damn it, Levi! Let me finish!" I raised my voice.

Calming myself down a bit, I moved and leaned against the wall, crossing my arms. I looked up at Levi, who was intently staring and watching every move I made.

"Levi, I am sorry for snapping at you and starting a fight with you." I apologized.

"Tch, Br-- I mean Skye, you do not need to apologize." He said, releasing a breath he was holding back.

"No brat? Hmmm....Did I get through your stubborn mind after all?" I smirked.

"Tch, don't get cocky." He said with a slight grin that only I noticed.

He moved forward, "Anyway, I know why you were upset. I saw that you ran into Frein after the trial."

My eyes widened, "I didn't think you saw...."

"Well, you were not with us, so I looked around outside the room to see if you were there." He explained.

"Awww, was someone looking for me?" I teased, while nudging him.

He slightly shoved me, which caused me to unexpectedly lose my balance and fall forward, right into his arms.

"Ouch." I complained as his grip dug into my bruises.

He quickly stood me up straight, "Uh....Sorry."

He then ran off.

-note-

Hellllluuuu!!!! Thanks if you read, voted, and/or commented! I appreciate it! We are already at chapter twenty ;-; SHOCKING!! I did not think I would stick to this, this long....