Chapter Twelve- Charlie

They sat there at the table, as if they were in the middle of an extreme staring contest. His cold, blue eyes intently stared into her electric, green eyes. She narrowed her eyes slightly, as the air started to make them water. He remained stoic as ever, as he observed her minor actions in an attempt to win. She grinned, and he matched her grin with his own. An awkward silence fell over everyone as they watched them both continue this immature, playful behavior.

"What is happeni--" Erwin started to say.

"Shhh, Erwin they're having a moment." Hanji shushed Erwin.

Hanji sat there with an excited grin on her face, as Mike started the sniff her hair. She giggled at the two who were staring into each other's eyes.

"Who do you think will win, guys?" Hanji questioned, not breaking her interested stare on the two.

"Levi." Petra stated.

"Levi." Gunther added in.

"I think, Skye will win, but if I was in the contest I would obviously win." Olou bragged.

"Skye." Mike commented.

Everyone turned to face Erwin, who's eyebrows were furrowing.

"Erwin? What do you think?" Everyone said in sync.

"Levi." He stated.

Skye abruptly slammed her fist on the table, startling the rest of the group who were sitting there, "Damn it, Levi! Why do you always beat me at these?"

"Brat, because you are bad at it." He bluntly said.

"Gee, thanks, Levi. You truly make me feel so damn amazing." Skye remarked sarcastically.

"Tch, that's not my job, brat." He teased.

"Isn't it though, you know since you two are--" Hanji attempted to say, bouncing her eyebrows up and down.

Both Levi and Skye shot her a deadly death glare, which caused a few people to jump.

"Shut the hell up, shitty glasses." They said in sync, glancing at each other afterwards.

"Awwww!" Hanji said swaying back and forth slowly, while holding her hands together at her chest.

Skye turned to Levi, "Short-stack, I think she has a new obsession."

"No shit." He mumbled.

"Well, shitty glasses, I don't have time for your bullshit right now." Levi said getting up.

"So mean...." Hanji mumbled.

"Tch, go clean or something." Levi sighed as he walked away.

Erwin chuckled a bit, "I have paperwork to do."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skye- flashback- age 16- underground

"Skye! You're back!" A girl yelled, from the corner, narrowing her eyes slightly when she realized the two people behind her, "And you brought people back with you."

"This is Willy." Skye pointed to younger of the two, "And this is his brother, Sebastian."

"How can you trust them," The young girl asked.

Skye sighed and turned to them, "If either of you try anything, I will personally cut off all of your limbs and suffocate you with them. She is my family, if you hurt her, I will kill you without hesitation."