Chapter Fifteen

LUCI'S POV

What is that noise? I flicked on my lamp and looked at the clock. 2am. I was woken by the sound of a guitar and Cody singing. Why wasn't he asleep. Suddenly, he stopped singing. I turned off my light again and tried to get to sleep.

After about five minutes I was just falling back asleep when I heard a light tap on my balcony door. I got out of bed and opened my door. Cody was standing there looking surprised that I answered. "I didn't expect you to be awake," he said. "Well I wasn't but I am now." I said bluntly. "Sorry," he replied looking down. "What did you want Cody?" I said. "I was just wandering if we could talk?" He asked. "Now? At two am?" I replied. "You're right, can I talk to you in a few hours?" "May as well talk now as I'm awake." I said going back to my bed and gesturing for him to come in my room.

Cody sat on the end of my bed, just looking at me. "So, what is there to talk about?" I asked him. "I'm sorry for hurting you. Me and Kylie, well we went out for a while. I broke up with her when I realised I love someone else. You. Last night with you, it meant the world to me. You have no idea how happy it made me. I'm so sorry," he said. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier? When I cried my heart out." I asked him. "Seeing you cry, it just made me lose all my words. I couldn't speak. I just hope you still mean what you said earlier. Do you still love me?" He said as tears formed in his eyes. "Cody, I just don't know. I mean, I can't just turn off how I feel about you. You mean so much to me but recently, with Luke and Kylie, I just don't know what to do." I said as a tear fell from my eye. "I understand, I'm going to let you sleep but I'll see you in the morning?" He said brushing my cheek with his thumb. I nodded and watched him walk away. I love him.

I didn't sleep much after that. My head was spinning. I couldn't think straight. The hours slowly drifted past and eventually it got to 9am. I pulled myself out of bed and went downstairs for breakfast.

Mum had already gone to work but she had left me some pancakes for my breakfast. I are them slowly before heading up back to my room to shower and get changed.

I got upstairs and went straight to my bathroom. The warm water from the shower made me relax. After my shower I got changed and sat in my bed. I heard a tap on my balcony door and I opened it to find Alli. I let her in and we sat together. "So, Cody told me about everything," she said looking at me. "Yeah, I don't know what to do. Help me." I said. "What with? I think we both know how you and Cody feel about each other. He is telling the truth about Kylie. She is just upset that Cody left her. He left her because he loves you. Come on Luci, be honest. You love him, he loves you so just forget everyone else. Forget Kylie, forget Luke and just be honest to yourself and be honest to him." Alli said. "You're right. You're absolutely right. I need to tell him." I said. "Plus if you and Cody get together, we can double date." She said excitedly. "Double date? You and who?" I asked suddenly beaming in excitement. "Jake asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday!" She said almost screaming. "Alli! That's amazing!" I squealed back. I gave her a massive hug and she smiled at me.

Me and Alli sat talking for ages before deciding to head to the beach. We met with Jake and sat on the beach. Alli and Jake were really cute together but they told me they can't get caught by Cody. The explained it was because they didn't know how to tell him his best friend was going out with his sister. Alli said Cody was really over protective of her and Jake was known as a player, so if Cody found out that the player was dating his sister he'd go crazy.

"Luci, isn't that Luke?" Alli asked. I turned to see Luke and Kylie kissing. This Cody has to know. "Oh she is cheating on Cody," I said. I had to admit my heart sank a little when I saw them kissing. After all Luke was my first proper boyfriend. "She isn't Cody's girlfriend!" Jake shouted. I turned to look at him "seriously Luci you need to accept that you and Cody aren't together for a stupid misunderstanding." I felt a klittle offended. "You're right." I said simply. I stood up and walked off.