Chapter Three

LUCI'S POV

Sunday morning. I got up and threw open my balcony curtains. I saw a note stuck on my door. I got it and sat on my bed reading it. All it said was: 'Yes. I like singing. I want a career in singing. Doubt that will happen. Cody' I smiled and wrote a note back. Mine said: 'Well I think you're great at it. Never give up on your dreams Cody. Luci' I jumped from my balcony to his and stuck the note on his door.

I went back to my room and got ready to meet Alli. I put on some shorts and a loose t-shirt. I slid on my flip flops and said goodbye to mum. She smiled as I left. I walked out of my house and Alli was waiting for me. We walked slowly down the road to the beach. When we got there we laid out our towels and laid on them.

"Alli!" Someone called. "Hey Jake!" Alli said back. "Luci, this is Jake. Jake this is Luci." Jake shook my hand.

The three of us sat together but Jake was rude to me as well. What had I done for everyone to hate me? I don't get it.

A few hours passed and we decided to go home.

"See you at school tomorrow!" Alli called as I went into my house. "Bye Alli! See you tomorrow!" I shouted back. As I walked in I heard laughs of people from the living room. I went in and saw mum with Brad and Angie. I'm so glad they are friends. "Hello," I said as I went in. "Hello sweetheart," mum said giving me a hug. "How was the beach?" Brad asked. "It was good, I met Jake," I said with a half smile.

After talking for a bit I decided to go back to my room. I looked on my laptop for any messages from Megan. There was one that said: 'I need details! Update me!!' I typed her a really long message explaining how me and Cody have good moments and bad moments. I told her about my day at the beach with Alli and I told her about meeting Jake. I want to be home.

Mum called me down for dinner so I went down and ate with mum. "Luci, be honest how are you liking Australia?" Mum asked. "Everyone hates me. How do you think?" I replied. "What do you mean? Who hates you?" "Cody. Jake. I don't even know if Alli actually likes me or if she was just being polite. I have no one Mum." I said as tears fell from my eyes. Mum wrapped me in her arms and we sat together for a long time.

After dinner I went up to my room and got in my shower. I needed an early night for my first day at school tomorrow.

When I came out I got into my pyjamas and curled up on my bed. Suddenly, I heard something on my balcony door. I looked and saw another note and the figure of Cody. I quickly climbed out of bed and read the note. It said: 'Thanks, at least someone likes my singing. Cody' I smiled put the note on my table before quickly falling asleep.

I woke up to mum making me breakfast. I climbed out of bed and got my school uniform out of my wardrobe. I put it on and left my hair down. I ran downstairs for breakfast. Mum handed me a plate and I quickly ate it. After breakfast I finished getting ready and grabbed my bag. "Ready?" Mum asked. "Ready." I said.

We climbed into the car and mum drove me to school. When we pulled up outside the school I started to feel really scared. Mum walked me in and we had to meet with the head mistress first. We were here before everyone else so I wouldn't be late to any lessons. The head mistress was really kind. I really liked her. She handed me my time table and showed me the way to my lessons.

People quickly started arriving and I was getting a lot of weird looks. I noticed Cody in my class. Even if he didn't like me at least I knew someone. "Class I want you to meet our new student Luci. She is from England." Our teacher said. Everyone stared at me and I heard someone do a fake British accent. The whole class laughed and I realised it was Cody that done it.

The day went quickly an it eventually got to lunch time. I still had no friends. I sat on an empty table an ate by myself. I saw someone sit beside me and as I looked up I saw Alli. "Hey Alli," I said. "Hey, so do you like it here then?" She asked. "I'm officially the weird kid no one likes." I said. "I'm sure that's not true. Don't worry you're not the only weird kid. I am too. I literally hang around with the nerds of my year. Listen, I need to go but I will see you later yeah?" She said standing up. I nodded and watched her join her friends. How could Alli be the weird kid?