Chapter Fourteen

CODY'S POV

I can't get last night out of my head. Luci may be my perfect girl. I just want to be able to call her my girl. My Angel. I need to talk to Jake.

I got changed and left my house to go to Jake's. I was walking so fast I was almost running. I knocked on Jake's door. Jake answered and we went up to his room. "So what's so important you just had to tell me?" Jake asked. "Last night I was with Luci on the balcony and we were holding hands and we were cuddled together. Dude I don't know what to do. I think I love her." I said. "Dude, you're Cody Simpson, you can get any girl you want. Just ask her out." Jake said. "But Luci isn't just any girl. I have never felt like this about someone before. I don't want to just ask her out." "So do what you do best. You wrote that song for her. Sing it to her. I know she loves you back." "Awake All Night, thanks bro," I said running out of his house and going home.

I burst into my house and grabbed my guitar before running out to the beach. I sat on the beach practicing Awake All Night. "Hey baby," I heard a high pitch voice squeal from behind me. I looked to see the time before turning around. It was 12pm. I turned around to see Kylie standing behind me. "Singing about me again," she said sitting down next to me. "No, what are you even doing here?" I asked. "I came to see you silly," she said kissing my cheek. "Why?" I asked getting annoyed. "You are my boyfriend so I thought I should be with you," she said. "But I'm not your boyfriend!" I said starting to shout.

Just then I saw Luci and Josh walking towards us. "Hey," Josh said. They sat with me and Kylie. "Kylie!" We heard someone shout. "I have to go, bye baby," Kylie said kissing my cheek and running off. "Well I'm going to surf." Josh said standing up and taking his board to the sea. "So, you and Kylie," Luci said. "Luci, listen," I started. "Save it Cody. Did last night mean nothing to you? I can't believe you would do that to me." She said getting up and starting to walk off. "Luci!" I shouted after her. She turned round and I could see tears starting to form in her eyes.

There was so much I wanted to tell her but the words wouldn't come out. "What?" She asked trying to fight her tears. "I, I umm," I said struggling to get the words out. "You know what Cody, I'm just going to say it, I love you Cody. I have for ages. Last night was the best moment of my life and to find out you have a girlfriend has just broken my heart. I never want to see you again." She said running away from me. She loves me. She loved me. I need to get her back. I felt warm tears roll down my cheek.

I sat by myself letting the tears fall. "Cody, bro what's happened?" I heard a female voice say. I looked up to see Alli. "I lost her Als. I was so close." I said bursting into tears again. "Jake!" Alli called. Jake came running over and the two of them sat either side of me.

LUCI'S POV

I ran home and locked myself in my room and cried. Mum wasn't home so I couldn't talk to her. I went into my bathroom to see the damage the tears had caused.

Just as I suspected, I had make up all over my face and my eyes and cheeks were red. I decided to just take off all my make up because I would probably cry more anyway.

I went out to my room and changed into my comfy clothes. I curled under my duvet and laid crying to myself.

I heard the doorbell ring but I ignored it. It rung again but I didn't move. I ha my balcony door open so I could hear people talking outside. "Luci!" A boy shouted. "Luci! It's us!" He called. "You idiot she probably doesn't know who 'us' is!" Another voice said. "Oh, right. Luci, it's Cam and Josh!" They said. I jumped out of bed and went to the door.

I opened it and they both gave me hugs. "Come in," I said moving out of their way and heading back up to my room. They both followed me. I went under my duvet again but straight away felt the boys trying to pull the duvet off me. "Luci, come on, talk to us," Cam said. "I don't want to talk about it." I replied letting more tears fall. "We don't have to, we can talk about something else," Josh said. Slowly, I pulled myself from under my duvet and sat up.

I loved these boys. They were like brothers to me and I could tell them anything.

They both looked at me and I let myself cry. "Oh, Luci, come here," Josh said pulling me into him for a hug and letting me cry on his shoulder. "Look, Luci, I know you don't want to talk about what happened, but Cody isn't Kylie's boyfriend. She wants him but he doesn't want her. You should know, he loves you." Cam said. "So why didn't he tell me that? Why did he just let me believe that they were together? I told him I loved him. I still love him. Why didn't he tell me?" I said still crying on Josh's shoulder. "I don't know, but maybe he was scared, seeing you cry must of shocked him into losing his words," Cam said. "Can we not talk about it," I said trying to stop my tears. "Let's watch a film." Josh suggested. I nodded and Cam went to find a film.

The three of us sat on my bed watching The Hangover and eating ice cream. It made me feel better but I knew I would have to face Cody at some point.

It was starting to get dark so the boys left. I was sitting by myself. I was left alone to think. I didn't want to think. It would only make me upset again. I decided to go for a walk to clear my head.

There was a chill in the air but it felt good to get out of the house. I walked past Cody's house an looked up to his room. His bedroom light was on and I could see his silhouette. He had his head in his hands and there was another figure beside him. It looked like another boy.

I kept walking and got to the beach. I walked down the beach listening to the waves hit the sand. "Luci?" I heard someone call. I turned to see Luke and Kylie. "Leave me alone," I said walking away from him. "What's wrong?" He asked me grabbing my arm and turning me round to face him. "Oh like Kylie hasn't already told you." I said. "How do you even know each other?" I asked. "We have been friends since we were little," Luke said. "Luci, we think you should know, Cody is lying about Kylie. They are still together." Luke said moving his hand down my arm to my hand. I pulled my hand away from him. "And I still love you." He told me. "Well I don't love you. Just leave me alone." I said walking away from them.

Going out was a bad idea. I started to head home and as I got to my door I saw Jake leaving Cody's. "Luci," he said. I forced a smile through just as a tear fell down my cheek. Not again. I waved at him and went inside.

I went back up to my room and curled up in my bed. I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep.