Chapter Six

LUCI'S POV

That's it. Cody's gone. Alli's gone. I have no next door neighbour. No Cody to talk to at nights. Nothing. I no longer look forward to walking to school. I would have to walk alone.

In the morning I got ready for school and began the wall alone. When I left my house I saw a figure sitting on the wall. "Come on Luci you take ages!" A familiar voice said. "Jake?" I asked. He laughed and stood beside me. "Yeah," He said. I smiled an we walked together. "I didn't want you to be alone." He said. "Thanks," I replied.

We reached school at met with Josh and Cam. "Better get you to your class," Cam joked. We reached my classroom and arranged to meet by my locker at break and lunch time. I walked into my class and felt the whole class stare. "She doesn't have Cody to protect her anymore," some girl sniggered. I sat in my seat and suffered through the day.

At break time I met with the boys an we went to our table. "Cam!" Someone shouted. "Are you boys coming back to us? Just don't bring her," They said. "No. We like her. You guys should really leave her alone. She's great so yeah. Bye." Cam said. Great. I have gone back to being hated on everyday. I need to talk to Cody.

I haven't spoken to Megan in ages. She just stopped replying. Another person I probably won't talk to again. I just felt like crying.

After school I went home by myself. Mum was waiting for me at home. "Luci, you have a message here. I found it tapped to your balcony door when I was cleaning your room." I took the note and went to my room. I couldn't read it. I put it down on my desk and laid on my bed. I heard the front door close and the car drive off. Mum was gone and once again I was alone.

I decided to read the letter. I grabbed it and went back to my bed. The note said: 'Luci, I will miss you so much. I haven't known you long but you have become one of my best friends. I don't want to lose contact with you. So to make sure, I put my number on the bottom of the page. I'm sorry for the way I used to treat you. I was so horrible but you always forgave me. Thank you so much. See you soon! Love from Cody xx' I couldn't hold it in any more. I burst into tears.

I didn't even have my own phone to text Cody but it was my birthday next week. Maybe mum can get me one? I must of cried myself to sleep. When I woke up mum was beside me cuddling me. "Did you have a good sleep?" Mum asked. I nodded and sat up. I had tears on my pillow and my eyes were red. "I read the note earlier," mum confessed. I was too upset to be mad so I just lent back on her and cried some more.

"I have a little present for you. An early birthday present," Mum said taking a box from beside her and handing it to me. I pulled off the bow and ripped off the paper. Inside was the gift I wanted. My first phone. "Thank you so much mum!" I said excitedly and hugging her. She laughed and said "Now you can text Cody," I smiled and we set up my new phone.

I text Cody saying 'Guess who? I'll give you a clue. Blonde hair, blue eyes, British.' I got a reply back quickly 'LUCI!! Oh my god I miss everyone so much I want to be back home in Aus!' I text him back saying 'We all miss you too! Wish you were here!'

After texting Cody for a long time, I decided to go out to my balcony and look up at the stars. I remember Cody telling me the story of how he once sat out here with his guitar and just started singing. His mum came out and told him he had talent. That's when he first decided he wanted to sing.

I went back inside and saw a message from Megan. It said 'So sorry I haven't been replying! I can't believe Cody is gone! That's amazing for him though! Hope you're okay! I miss you so much! Oh and I sent over your birthday present for Tuesday! School is awful without you! Why can't you come home?' I smiled and sent a message back about how much I missed her and Cody.

The next day was the same as before. Everyone wanted the boys back but they stood by me and didn't leave me. They really were great friends. I don't know what I would do without them.