It all comes crashing down

Zoe's POV

I opened my mouth to say something, maybe it was to argue against them, to say that they were wrong. But I closed it again.

"We found her body in the woods, back where she lived" the policeman said softly. "We just thought we should inform you, we just visited her brother and he told us to come here as well"

The two of them stood up.

"We're by sorry for your loss" the other one said before they both showed themselves out of the house.

Harry and I sat in silence for a while. Not a single tear had left my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Harry noticed that I wasn't crying and was obviously confused.

"Sandra wouldn't have wanted me to cry" I chuckled slightly. "Sandra hated it when I cried"

Sandra had taught me so much; how to stand up for myself, how, even when it felt like the world was against me, I needed to fight back and remember that things would get better.

After taking a deep, shaky breath I stood up and hopped out of the room. I managed to climb up the stairs and get into my bedroom. I fell onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling. I didn't know how long I was there for, but I didn't care, I just wanted my best friend back.

Harry's POV

In all honesty I had no idea what I should do. I wanted to go up and comfort Zoe, but I didn't know if she wanted to be alone and I didn't want to make her even more upset. So I dialled the person who new her best.

"Zayn?" I said once he answered.

"Yeah"

"Hey, um, you don't know yet do you?" I said, suddenly realising none of the other boys had been told.

"Don't know what?" He asked in confusion.

"Sandra died Zayn, they found her body"

"Oh my god" Zayn muttered under his breath. "I never, never expected that to happen"

"Neither did I" I said sadly.

"How's Zoe doing?"

"That's what I called you about. I don't know what to do" I sighed in frustration. "When we told her she didn't cry or anything, she just sat there. Now she's up in her room"

"Go and talk to her"

"But I wouldn't know what to say. Can you come over?" I asked.

"Yeah of course, I'll be over in ten" he said and hung up the phone before he said goodbye.

I sighed and slipped my phone back into my pocket. I sat back on the sofa and tipped my head back, thinking about everything that had happened. The front door opening caused me to look up.

"Zayn?" I asked.

"No it's Morgan" Morgan walked into the room and tilted her head in confusion when she saw me. "Are you okay?"

I sighed and shook my head, holding my arm out for her to sit down next to me. She walked over to me and I rested my head against hers. I explained what happened to Sandra and sighed sympathetically.

She had never met Sandra but with the amount of stories that had been told about Sandra she had really wanted to meet her.

"Is Zoe okay?" She asked.

"Zayn's coming over to talk to her, he always knows how to handle her" I said in admiration.

All of us knew that Zayn was probably closest to Zoe in terms of a friendship kind of way. They always knew what to say if one another was upset, we were all jealous of it really.