Liam...I'm sorry

Zoe's POV

"But why did she go?" I pressed on, but immediately regretted it when tears began to flow down his cheeks.

"It's all my fault" Alex sobbed and collapsed onto the floor, putting his hands over his face to wipe his tears.

"If only I hadn't said those things, if only I had just been a good big brother and helped her" his voice suddenly became more quiet and calm. "But I didn't"

"What did you say?" I bent down next to him and placed my hand gently on his shoulder.

He stayed quiet and after a while shook his head.

"It's okay, you don't have to say if you're uncomfortable with it" I sighed sympathetically.

By this time Alex had managed to gain control of himself again and was sat up, leaning against the wall of the house for support.

"But when did she leave?" I asked. "Please Alex just tell me that and I'll leave you alone"

"She left the first night you were gone" he mumbled.

"Okay" I leant forward and hugged him tightly, he wrapped his arms back around me. "I'm so sorry about what's happened Alex. Sandra will come back, she's always doing things like this, trying to scare us"

I tried to lighten the mood with a joke but it didn't seem to work.

"Alex why have you-" Vic, Alex's wife, came to the door but stopped in the middle of her sentence when she saw Alex sitting on the floor. "Oh Zoe, hello"

"Hi, sorry about this, I was just asking about" but I thought it wise not to mention her name again.

Vic seemed to get the hint and nodded.

"We'll see you soon I hope?" She asked while helping Alex to his feet.

"Yeah of course, it would be nice to catch up" I agreed and waved while walking down the garden path. "I'm sorry for bothering you, I honestly didn't mean for this to happen"

"It's not your fault Zoe, honestly" Vic smiled understandingly at me. "See you later"

I nodded and smiled sympathetically at her.

I carried on walking down the street and when I got to the corner pulled out the piece of paper that had Liam's address on it. I realised it was to far to walk so called a taxi instead with a mobile that Niall had leant me.

While I sat in the taxi I was biting my nails so hard I thought I would just end up biting my fingers. My stomach was twisted with nerves and the trees flicking past my window just made me feel even more sick.

"We're here miss" the taxi driver snapped me out of my thoughts and I realised we were indeed at Liam's house.

I couldn't deny it he had brought a beautiful house. It was a large modern building with big windows with sparkling chandeliers in front of them.

"Thank you" I gave the driver the money and stepped out the car.

I took a deep, shaky breath in before walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell. It took a while for the door to be pulled open but when it was I was met with Liam. I couldn't tell from his expression wether he was mad or not, his face was completely blank.