It will be okay

A/N- the girl in the picture above is Ria

Zoe's POV

"What the?" I asked but quickly stopped myself when I remembered there was a young child. "What's happened? Why is there a child with you? Has something happened to your aunt?"

"Yes" Sandra choked out a sob and my heart dropped.

I stood aside and motioned for them to both come in. Sandra took the little girl by the hand and led her inside. I closed the door after them and we walked through the living room into the kitchen. The boys turned around and looked shocked when they saw Sandra and the girl.

"What's happened?" Liam asked, putting down the dish cloth and walking towards us.

"I can't do it" Sandra cried. "Not by myself"

"Can't do what?" Liam asked and put his hands on her shoulders. "Babe you need to sit down and explain to us what's happened yeah?"

Sandra nodded without saying anything and Liam led her back through to the living room, the little girl still clinging on to Sandra's hand as if something bad were to happen if she let go.

The other boys and I followed them through to the living room and we all sat on one sofa while Sandra and Ria sat on another one opposite us.

"Whenever you're ready" Liam said calmly and I watched as Sandra took a deep breath.

"My aunt Jess..." she sighed. "She was in a car crash this evening. Ria was in the back but she was not hurt, only a couple of bruises, but my aunt"

Sandra stopped her sentence and looked down at Ria, obviously not wanting to say it with her in the room. Harry noticed and stood up, holding out his hand for Ria to take.

"Why don't we go and get something to eat?" Harry asked but Ria looked unsure. "We've got some chocolate in the cupboard"

Ria looked at Sandra for consent and Sandra nodded. Ria immediately jumped up and grabbed Harry's hand and the two of them went into the kitchen. Once they were out of earshot we looked back to Sandra.

"She was killed" she whispered. "She's gone"

Tears flowed silently down Sandra's face while we all tried to think of something to say. But she looked so innocent and so broken, it wasn't the Sandra I was used to. But she had just lost one of her last family members, even she couldn't be strong enough to face that without crying.

"I don't know what to do" she broke the silence.

"Can we call your brother?" Niall asked, already taking out his phone.

She nodded and told Niall his number. Niall left the room for some privacy while Louis moved to sit next to Sandra. He placed his hand on her knee gently and she seemed to relax slightly. We stayed in silence for a while until Niall came back with a worried expression on his face.

"Alex is really sorry but they can't come. There's no tickets over here until tomorrow evening. They're going to get on the first plane they can but they are really sorry they're not here" Niall sighed. "But you're staying here tonight and then tomorrow if you need to"

"What about Ria?" Sandra sniffed. "I can't look after a kid"

"We can help you out until your brother gets home, I'm sure he will be able to take over the care of her" Liam pointed out and Sandra nodded. "It'll be okay"

"I hope you're right" Sandra mumbled and looked down at her feet.

"I'll go and talk to Harry" Niall said and made his way into the kitchen.