Chapter 29 The After

You know the saying.

Blood is thicker than water

But then there's that other saying.

Blood doesn't matter as long as you love the person.

Just because life is so damn precious. Even when it is to protect that person, it's either him or you. It's either he lives or he dies.

I choose him to live.

Love is the most weak when there is more doubt than there is trust. But I learned that love is the most strong even when you have all those doubts.

Even when you feel pain.

Even when you know you're going to die.

There was nothing but silence from the miles away of where we are. My dad stood up proud to expect the shot but....

Nothing was heard until I screamed in agony. Jonathan's body stood before my dad, as I held hope that since he has that vest but it's still a vest.

The bullet went through...

Fucking through

Jon gasped for air as he coughed up blood. After that he fell to his knees as his whole body crashed down along with him. I started panicking as I ran to him holding for dear life.

"No no no NO NO NO!"

I screamed over and over "JOHNNY PLEASE." I started to place pressure against his wound. I can't tell if it's still in there or not.

"HELP ME GOD DAMN IT!" I screamed as tears streamed, "he saved my life." I heard my dad whisper to himself. A few villagers came and brought gauze up to his shoulder.

I was breathing shaky, trying to not
Let anyone hear me sobbing. They started to check him up, fixing his shoulder as I waited.

I looked at Cross to see his emotionless face. "Well, he stepped in the way! That's his fault!" He said with disgust in his voice.

I looked back at Jonathan to see him wide awake. "Is he okay?" I asked with desperation. He stood perfectly still, without any movement. "Jon?" I asked walked slowly towards him.

I heard his breathing become a little rapid. "E-E," he couldn't breathe straight I laid up beside him to only receive silence. "F-f-father sto-stop this nonsense please!" Jon begged.

"Delirious, delirious, delirious you knew the plan. You knew what would Happen and yet you decide to stop now?" I looked up at Jon and placed his hand down.

"It's okay," I said quietly he gulped and nodded. "I was afraid I'll admit that," Cross grinned and walked towards Jon and I. "How about we make a deal?" I looked back at my dad to see him nod.

Jon grunted in pain while he slowly stood up. I held his arm gently as I was making sure he can stand; his shoulder was wrapped but no blood stains it's probably a cartridge bullet. I stopped thinking when He held my hand tightly and looked back at me.

"I'm going to be okay"

I hesitantly nodded and moved a few steps behind my blue. I was suddenly beside my dad as he placed a hand onto my shoulder.

We both glanced at each other, I held a worried face as he held a proud one. My breathing softened while I looked back to see Jon and his father.

"What kind of deal?"

"A duel such as a fight, If I win then I become a ruler of everyone and everything. If you win then you do whatever useless thing that you do." My breath hitched and felt my dads hand grip on my shoulder.