Chapter 23 Shot heard

"Days, hours, months, years" I said groaning out as I laid onto the ground. I placed both of my arms at the back of my head and stared up ahead.

Luke looked at me and chuckled, "it's been a few weeks Jon." A smile crept up to my face but then was replaced with a frown.

"I miss him" I said out of a sudden. "Then take your ass over there." As then This time I looked over to my side and stared at him.

"It's hard to explain it," I said sighing out loud. I removed both of my arms and placed them on top of my head as I sighed in peace.

"All of this happened for at least two years." Luke said chuckling I rolled my eyes and stared at the umbrella that settled was over us.

There was a sudden silence, "remember when I got shot." I said out loud as we both shot out of laughter.

The laughter then died down. As The radio was kept on playing a small sound of music. "Jon?" I heard Luke ask.

"Yeah?"

"What was the plan that your dad was talking about?" I gulped hard and didn't answer for a few seconds. I opened my mouth but then closed it as I couldn't find a word to describe it.

"Jon?"

He asked again, I sighed and looked at him. "He wants me to capture him," I answered biting my lip. He sat up and looked at me like I was actually delirious.

"You're not going to do it....right?"

"Of course not! I just I couldn't tell my father no."

I sighed again and ruffled my hair, "I let him go, because of it." I heard him gasp in shock. Yeah I haven't told him about our argument.

"Since when?!"

"A few weeks back."

I then felt a sting at the back of my head, "ow! Why did you smack me?!" I yelled looking at him. Luke stood up and crossed his arms as he looked down at me.

"You are going to take your ass to his house!"

Now it was my turn to stand up, "I can't! He told me to leave him alone and so I did." He shook his head in disappointment.

"You love this guy, you can't just leave him."

I looked and rubbed my eyes, "I know but he never returns to the lake." I answered as I was waving my hands in the air, "then go see him."

I stayed silent with my mask facing down towards the brown ground. "Jon when are you going to see him?" I heard him ask in a whispered voice.

I looked up at him and shrugged, "you have to talk to him somehow." I nodded and looked away, "I will I just need time alright." I asked as I smiled weakly at him.

He grinned and pat my back, "good, now I need to go a deal with some papers for a few hours and I'll meet you later tonight." I nodded and waved.

I saw him running off as dust and dirt swept from his feet. I sighed and sat back down onto the ground. I do miss him...Just another day to see if he is here.

I didn't give up, day after day I still meet up to the lake and wait. And as every hour passes by I begin to give up hope that he'll ever come.

I started to drift off from the peaceful silence. As I was about to close my eyes I saw brown eyes. Since my vision was blurry I couldn't tell who it was.

"E-"

I stopped as my vision cleared, It was my father. "Hey son!" My eyes widened, I almost exposed his name. "What do you want? I'm trying to sleep here?" I asked groaning out in annoyance.