chapter 42

“Thanks guys” Scarlett smiled as she got a hug from each of the girls before they left

“God it’s getting harder to hug you nearly every day” Juliet laughed since they all had to work round the bump

“I know, it’s not easy on this side either” Scarlett smiled moving onto the last one to leave which was always Sammi

“You sure you’re ok?” Sammi asked hugging her as if she’d picked up on some negative vibes

“I’m fine” Scarlett smiled, swallowing a little but it was unrecognisable to the others “Hormones suck”

“You just need to call if anything’s wrong though ok” Sammi gave her a sympathetic smile walking out of the doorway

“I know” Scarlett leaned against the door frame “I’m just tired and a little hormonal at the moment, I’m gonna go sleep it off”

“ok” Sammi smiled one last time, waving a little as she got into her car.

Scarlett kept up her smile before she closed the door behind her as she walked back inside the house; when she truly felt as if she’d locked out the rest of the world that’s when she felt like she could let everything out.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she helped herself up the stairs to where she felt safest; wrapping her in their bed sheets, letting the softness and the addicting smell of Ashley comfort her as she let the waves of a depressed reality hit her repeatedly. Holding a dark blue fleecy baby blanket with sprinkles of bright yellow stars close to her as if she was gripping onto it for life.

She couldn’t be a mother.

She didn’t know how.

How could she be?

She’d ran from her own for years.

What hope did she have?

It hit her like a meteor, she didn’t know anything about Ashley’s parents and barely anything about his past; Ashley was her boyfriend and father of her baby. She’d ignored his problems cause her own got in the way; what would happen when Ace came if she got really paranoid about Kalin or Kina or her (let’s say) ex dad? What if she relapsed with the drugs and end up killing herself leaving her baby motherless? What if she ignored him due to her commitments to music? What if she couldn’t cope so just ran?

She shook her head but the voices shouting doubts through her mind wouldn’t quit. She wanted them to leave her alone so she could be happy again but they kept pecking at her; telling her over and over that she wasn’t going to be a good mother.

YOU WON’T BE A GOOD MOTHER

YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR OWN BOYFRIEND FOR GOD SAKE

YOU WONT BE A GOOD MOTHER

YOUR CHILD WILL HATE YOU