chapter 12

Lights, booming speakers, shredding guitars - all the perfect sounds for an ultimate and successful rock and roll concert. The faint sounds of the support band on stage playing to warm up the crowd - they were all for giving a starting up band the chance to get some recognition.

Standing in a near corner, Andy took large gulps of water, gargling, then spitting out his mouthful into the nearest trashcan, since they weren't outside. He measured his breathing, checked his eyeliner, and jumped a bit to get hyped.

Nearby, Jake was checking his guitar for any noticeable smudges or marks. Jinxx was doing the same, turning the keys and picking at the strings to clearly define the sounds. He set his guitar down after awhile and finished his stretching routine which he had started back at the bus.

CC was practicing quietly (well, quieter than usual) on his drum set which would be wheeled to the back of the stage in a few minutes. He performed a few tricks, spinning the his sticks between his fingers and in the air.

A few photographers and video camera men and women were standing at a distance, as far as security would let them, snapping pictures and filming video diaries.

As for Ashley, he stood a bit farther away from the cameras, a little bit near Andy, his bass strapped around his shoulders and torso. He took in a deep breath, lifting his chin up and closing his eyes. He stayed that way for a moment, until everything went still and quiet, and all he heard was his quiet breathing and a small part of the waiting crowd. It was just him in a moment of silence, his stage, his chance... He opened his eyes and looked forward, dazed off into his own world. Covering the frets of his bass to make sure he wasn't playing too loud, he jumped up and down, rotating his arms in a wide circled motion. In his head, he was playing as loud as he could, rocking to a overly large crowd of fans, so loud it shook the building, the cheers and screams growing louder and louder.

"Hey give it up for Viper Slash" Ashley grinned snapping out of his trance as he heard Scarlett's voice from the stage - as guest DJ she was supposidly keeping the audience entertained as they set up "How we doing guys?" there was a roar from the crowd - oh yes they loved her. "I'm sorry I didn't hear you seattle?" There was a much louder roar that nearly shook the building to its foundations. Ashley rolled his eyes - if she kept psyching them up so much he was sure they were gonna get mauled by fans...again. It was a week into the tour and she was still on fire - keeping the audience pumped for each band and generating this indescribable buzz while also controlling them; kind of like a ring leader at a circus. Though she did have this tendancy to...

"Weren't they great? I was actually talking to the singer Jean, well when I say talking I meant arguing. That was his first mistake" She talked to the audience "You are never gonna defeat a women in a argument, am I right?" there was a roar in agreement "we never express the emotions we're feeling but we have multiple. When we're pissed off we say 'I'm fine'. I'm fine means I'm gonna stab you in the neck." And everyone laughed "Women are very tricky, we're very misleading emotionally, we're physically misleading. You'll see a girl at a bar and she looks 5'7, when you take her home and the shoes are off shes a gnome right. We're the same way emotionally. We always express the opposite emotion to what we're feeling. We do it with other women too, we're the opposite emotion, one women hates another woman, the woman she hates walks through the door and is like" she did her best preppy impression "I hate that bitch, I hate that bitch, she's a right slut" then it was if Sammi was in the room "OH HEY!'" She turned to the crowd again in a serious manner "You can not fuck with that kind of crazy ok." They roared with laughter and clapped like thunder.

"Ok I'm guessing the guys are gonna be ready soon but I'll play you guys one last song before they shove me off" she started fiddling with her deck to get the settings right before she started "This isn't one of mine" there seemed to be a bit of a moan of disaproval "no, no guys, this is a mash up. Little lesson in mash ups. They have to be different songs but mashed together, simple right? Thing I say to DJ's just starting out is always have a go at a mash up, doesn't matter if your a novice or a expert, if you get it right then its right." She grinned in satisfaction at her deck as everything was in place "Ok, sing along if you know it or just mosh, we need a few mosh pits to get the party started"