chapter 4

"I think I'm gonna go for a drive" Ashley announced, picking his jacket up.

"Dude" Jake said sounding offended, standing up from his seat and nearly hitting Jinxx in the face with his guitar head - sure they had been in the studio nearly all day but Ashley just couldn't get up and leave like that to leave the rest of them.

"Ash we're still not done with these new songs and we need to do some more writing" Andy ran over, leaping over a stool with his long legs in the process, to Ash "You can't leave"

"Its not for long, just lunch and I need some air" Ashley sighed putting his jacket on

"Lunch date with the crimson beauty?" CC laughed

"No" Ash shook his head, as he headed out the door "But I may run into her" he grinned slyly to himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Animals have rights too!"

Outside a makeup company building a protest group had gathered in masses, all dressed in t shirts with certain slogans along the lines of animal rights, some had animal masks or eats on, a few had signs and banners as well.

"Stop the torture of innocent lives!"

"why sacrifice life for temporary beauty?!"

it was quite the sight; enough to make Ashley pull over cause the protesters had pretty much taken over the road in front of him. So she was here?

"what the hell?" Ashley got out the car, hanging on the door as he looked round at the scene

"stop cruelty to our brothers and sisters" a voice rung much clearer through the crowd. Ashley turned to see Scarlett, of all people, leaping onto a parked nearby car with a megaphone in her hand.

she was wearing something different to what he had seen her in before: a ripped t shirt with fake blood splatterings and acid washed jeans; her hair was tied up in pigtails; her eyes were dark with heavy black make up with splatterings of fake blood across her face as well. She still looked fierce and haunting but in a pretty way though...

"brothers and sisters" she addressed the crowd "is human torture illegal?"

"yes!" they shouted back

"is it illegal to kill a human for material gain?"

"yes!"

"So is it right to kill and torture out animal cousins?"

"no!"

"so what gives these hypocrites the right to?"

"yeah!"

"Are we gonna take it his injustice?"

"no!"

"are we?!"

"NO!"

ash smiled as he watched the scene, slowly he left the comfort of his car and walked forward towards the group, he couldn't take his eyes off Scarlett who hadn't seemed to of noticed him at all.

"Oh We're Not Gonna Take It" she started singing "no, We Ain't Gonna Take It" her voice had this Joan jett/lzzy hale quality to it, fierce yet feminine still "oh We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore"

"we've Got The Right To Choose And

there Ain't No Way We'll Lose It

this Is Our Life, This Is Our Song

we'll Fight The Powers That Be Just

don't Pick Our Destiny 'cause

you Don't Know Us, You Don't Belong"