chapter 43

“Writing is done!” Andy and Ashley sang throwing the studio door open – they were so pleased they’d finished the lyrics completely.

“Finally!” CC exclaimed as the two re-joined the rest of them at the big mixing deck in the studio

“man I can’t believe we got the extended edition just about done” Jinxx smiled to himself – the songs already sounded beautiful but they weren’t quite perfect yet. “Jake?” Jinxx nudged the lead guitarist who had not said a word the whole day. “whats with you?”

“hugh?” Jake looked as if he just snapped out a trance “Sorry”

“You’ve been distant all day” Jinxx sighed crossing his arms “I may as well of talked to that wall”

“Something on your mind?” Andy asked sitting down on one of the sofa’s – taking the whole thing for himself

“kinda” Jake shrugged lightly wandering over to the mixing deck “I think I’m a little caught up in what happened last night with Ella”

“What happened?” Andy slung his gazelle legs over the sofa as he spoke making Ashley having to hover on the sofa arm “Did you two break up again?”

“What no” Jake shook his head if that’s the last thing that would ever happen in his relationship with Ella

“Did she finally fuck you in the car?” Ashley asked - yep first thing that had come to Ashley's mind as a big deal

“No” Jake replied in the same tone as last time “We’re not dogs”

“You’re also not very adventurous I see then” Ashley muttered to himself taking a little bit offence

Jake bit his lip not knowing how the guys would react “I re-proposed to Ella”

“What?” the guys exclaimed in unison

“I wasn’t planning on it honest the perfect moment came and I took it” Jake explained quickly “She already had the ring and I just had to ask her again” he turned to Ashley “I know you wanted to propose to Scarlett first but I…”

“Its fine” Ashley smiled interrupting his ramblings “sometimes you just got to take the opportunity when you can and I don’t want you to feel like you had to propose after I did”

“Thanks” Jake sighed seeing he was out of the red zone “man it feels great though finally getting it out, like a weights been lifted”

“We’re still invited to the wedding and that right?” CC asked slinging an arm round jakes shoulder

“Course” Jake grinned “No idea when but yeah” Ella would proberly sort all that out

Everyone was soon caught up in the excitement of Jake being re-engaged; standing up to congratulate him except for Ashley who was just sat on the sofa arm still looking as if he was in deep thought.

“Ash?” Ashley looked up to see Andy looking at him as if he’d grown 3 heads “You ok?”

Ashley nodded “Yeah” he grabbed his jacket from where it had been slung over one of the chairs “I just need some air” he walked to the door then stopped “Scarlett’s in studio 6 right?”

“I think so” Andy answered not knowing where this was heading

“Thanks” Ashley smiled before walking out the door and closing it behind him.

“Well Ashleys not coming back” Andy mumbled before joining in with the excitement again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------