Chapter 39

“How does this look?” Scarlett sighed pulling on another dress.

Ashley pulled on his waist coat and looked over “Better than the last one” She was trying to find a dress that hides the hand prints on her boobs which she could also fit into with her bump.

Scarlett growled throwing it off and looked in the closet for another dress; this seemed to be impossible. At this point she didn’t care that Ashley could see her undressed cause Ashley knew better than to do anything while she was in this mood.

“Your 6 months starting today right?” Ashley asked fluffing his hair up a bit

“yep” She picked up another dressed and tried it on; a v neck cut knee length semi casual black dress with a silver belt above the bump. She looked in the mirror to see how it looked and if it checked all the boxes.

“Hmmm” she studied the reflection, it covered the prints on her boobs pretty well and it fitted ok. “What do you think mr Fashion inc?” Scarlett asked turning to Ashley.

Ashley looked up from his spot on the bed after pulling his leather cowboy boots on “nearly perfect” he smiled getting up

“Nearly?” Scarlett raised an eyebrow wondering what he was getting up as he walked over to his bed stand, opened a draw and looked to of taken something out

“Close your eyes” Ashley ordered over to her, making sure she couldn’t see what he’d gotten out

“Really?” she sighed but did it anyway

Ashley smirked, walking back over and turned her round to face the mirror while standing behind her; he placed a necklace round her neck and tied it for her “open” she could feel the smile in his voice “Now it’s perfect”

She opened her eyes “Ashley” she gasped looking at the necklace in the mirror

“The newest necklace at Purdy Fashion Inc” he smiled as he watched her play with it; a simple shield guitar pic with a rhinestoned lightening bolt but it looked so good on her.

Scarlett turned to him holding his arms “You don’t have to get me things, I’m not that kind of girl”

“I know” Ashley kissed her lips gently bringing her into a smile as well “That’s why I got you it”

“Thank you but I need to do my hair and stuff” Scarlett grinned kissing him on the cheek before shooing Ashley out of the room.

Ashley laughed as he heard the door shut behind him; she was perfect as is, why she had to throw such a fuss about her appearance was beyond him. Sure they were going to her dads and she had to make a good impression but it didn’t change who she was as a person.

Ashley had realised that he too had to make a good impression on Scarlett’s family – she was family they’d accept her he was the boyfriend which was shaky ground; therefore he was going to ask Nikki if he could marry his daughter. It would be perfect, and then he would be able to show him that he truly respected his daughter. Or that’s at least what he hoped in his head.