Chapter 44

“I’m not nesting!”

Ashley chuckled looking up at Scarlett from the recent Revolver magazine he was reading, sitting on the sofa with his feet on the coffee table “You kind of are”

“Am not” Scarlett protested reorganising the pillows on the other sofa compulsively without realising

“Your cleaning like mad and cooking so much food the freezer is crying” Ashley pointed out with a raised eyebrow

“Do you want food or not?” Scarlett grumbled picking up the feather duster

“Angel, you put dusting cloths on killer and tokyos feet to ‘get the floor to shine’” Ashley quoted – not mentioning how they were still on their feet,

“I want the house to be nice” Scarlett snapped at him; folding her arms on top of her huge bump for empathise

“I know and you do an amazing job” Ashley smiled at her sweetly “Now come here and sit down”

Scarlett sighed, about to sit down when the sound of her phone rang through the house “I’ll go get that” she threw her duster down on the sofa, kissing Ashley on her way to the kitchen where she’d left to charge previously.

Ashley watching her walk out with a mental smirk; she kinda looked like a housewife with her hair tied up in a ponytail like that, no make-up, dressed in his boxers and Misfits t shirt with only her hello kitty flip flops on her feet.

He wasn’t going to point it out of course though; he wasn’t stupid.

He shook his head, smiling to himself before remembering the object in his pocket; he scooped it out of his pocket just wanting to look at it. When he had seen this at the jewellers he knew he had to get it no matter the cost.

It was an engagement ring. Made of this black silver – like a black chrome- metal with this beautiful black diamond and little black and white accents. It didn’t look like a normal engagement ring; they were supposed to be white or florally but that wasn’t Scarlett at all so when he saw this one he had to get it.

He tucked it away in his pocket before she could walk in and see it as that would ruin everything he’d planned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett picked up her phone, looking at the caller ID before answering it “Hi mom”

“Hello sweetie” Her mom replied from the other side “How are you?”

“I’m good mom” Scarlett nodded, sitting down on one of the chairs in the kitchen to take the pressure off her feet

“Ace still kicking you?”

An just on queue he gave her a kick in the ribs at the call of his name “Yeah”