Chapter 18 PART ONE

Hi everyone! I just wanted to apologise for the spacing! Something weird is happening that I can't get rid of! Anyways, enjoy!

************************************************************************

ROSE'S P.O.V

I leapt, my white fur reflecting in the early morning sun as I ripped another rogues head from its body.

But as I killed one, another two would take its place. They were coming in large numbers and there was nothing I could do to stop them. I looked to my left, and saw Nattie go down under a sea of rogues.

I howled and ran over there as fast as I could. But out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex take a fatal hit to the abdomen and he went down. I switched directions to help him when I saw Brett get taken down by two large rogues. I stopped still. Not knowing what to do. I spun around as a movement to my far right caught me eye. Jade's limp body was being dragged from the pack house.

All around my my friends and family were being brutally slaughtered and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

A circle of vicious rogues began to surround me. Where is the rest of our pack?!?

I growled and and snarled, but I felt a tiredness begin to wash over me as I stared at the dark forest surrounding me. The blood-stained grass. The piles of my dead loved ones. What was the point. I slowly shifted and grasped the necklace around my neck.

"Finally." A voice purred, sending shivers down my spine.

"Finally I have you,"

I sat up in bed gasping for breath. I felt cold and I realised that I was shaking slightly.

It was just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream I repeat in my head.

But was it a dream or a sign. I know that the rogue army outnumbers us greatly. We don't really stand a chance. Is this really our fate? To be slaughtered in droves until there it nothing left of us? I have to do something! And who was that person that wanted me? All these unanswered questions.

I decided to go outside and train to clear my head. I quickly splashed some water on my face and brushed my teeth. I slipped into a pair of dark blue shorts and a white tank top and pulled my long hair back into a tight ponytail. I really didn't want to bump into anyone so I walked as quietly as possible down the stairs and out the door.

Breathing a sigh of relief that I hadn't been caught I began to do some simple stretches. Pushing my body until I could feel the painful burn of my muscles reaching their limit.

Once I felt ready to train, I began to run, planning to start off at a simple jog then progress to a sprint. But I didn't get very far until I heard a voice next to me.

"Couldn't sleep either?" The voice said. I spun around to see the girl that I had taken out in the competition yesterday. I smiled sheepishly.

"Nope"

She grinned. "Wanna go for a run?" She asked, holding out her hand. "No hard feelings....?"

"Thorn." I replied shaking her hand firmly. "And yeah, no hard feelings....?"

"Lila" she replied then giggled. "aren't we terrible at remembering names!"

~come on let's just run!~ my wolf complained, getting impatient.

~christ okay we're going!~ I replied setting off at a nice steady pace.

We ran in silence for about half an hour, just admiring the beautiful forest around us. The rhythmic 'thud thud' of our feet hitting the ground and the gentle, cooling breeze across our faces made the run a very enjoyable one.

When we returned, we found that a lot more people were up and training.

~probably preparing for today's fights~ my wolf said.

I turned to Lila. "Wanna train with me?"

"Sure"

We walked over to an open spot and began taking punches at each other and blocking each others blows.

At the end of 20 minutes we were both hot and sweaty and decided to sit down for a bit.

I jogged inside to get us both a glass of water when a hand roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me inside a room.

I immediately grabbed my attacker's wrist and twisted until I heard a cry if pain. I forced them to the ground and put a foot on their shoulder.

Someone wrenched me off from behind, shouting, "Stop! Stop!" I paused for a second and looked around.

I was in a room with most of the teenagers my age from the Wind Pack and I had one guy on the floor and Zach was standing nearby holding his hands up in a surrender.

My wolf began to whine.

"What do you want?" I hissed through my teeth. He took a step backwards, a nervous look flitting across his face.

"We just wanted to talk." he explained, edging round to join the others.

I growled. "Well cut to the chase because I do not want to be in a room with any of your sorry asses right now."

"Good because we don't want to be here with you." A whiney voice said.

"Violet!" Several people cried.

I growled again.

"Look." said Zach stepping closer. "We just wanted to let you know how truly sorry we are. I especially, have regretted the way I treated you since the moment you left. If I could go back in time, I would do things very differently. please can we just start over?"

There was a silence but not a good one. I was fuming. How DARE they! How DARE THEY think that that pathetic excuse for an apology would make up for everything they put me through.

"How dare you." I hissed furiously. "How dare you even think that I would accept that apology." Zach took a step back; the hopeful look gone from his eyes.

"Are you guys really that self-centred...that.. DELUSIONAL, to think that I would leap pack into the arms of my so-called-'pack'. HOW DARE YOU! Where was that apology, when you," I pointed at Zach, "Had one of your devoted slaves beat me bloody? Where was that apology when you left me unconscious and bleeding on the floor? where was that apology when you rejected, crushed, and broke me in front of everyone?!" I was almost shrieking now. "WHERE WAS IT?!"

I was shaking with anger at this point. ready to rip out their throats for their lies.

"Rose-" I spun around to face my brother.

"Don't call me that" I whispered. "you killed 'Rose' killed her and left her to rot!" my brother flinched. there was silence as I caught by breath.

"Please." josh whispered desperately. "please Thorn. You have no idea what it was like. it was torture. I missed you so much please."

I turned on my heel and walked out of the room.

************************************************************************

Howdy Y'all! another update for my fiiine readers!

Quicker than before huh? ;)

Anyways. I have started another story called Revenge is Sweet which I would really appreciate you giving a read!

I have the plot all figured out and it's gonna be really exciting!

Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment your thoughts on the argument!

Who was the most sorry?

Who do you feel sorry for?

I really love hearing from you it brightens up my day!

Thank you! <3

-Kate