Chapter 8- No Rest For the Wicked

This chapter is a TINY bit gory, just thought I would warn you in case any of you don't like this kind of thing

************************************************************************

ROSE'S P.O.V

"Is she awake?"

"I don't know."

"That was so scary, the way they both just collapsed at the same time! I feel sorry for them."

"Don't! We don't know who they are!"

"Or what they can do!"

"Or why they were hunting just outside our territory!"

"I know but still..."

That was all I heard before the darkness took me again.

You'd have thought that it would be nice to just sleep for a while, rest my head and not worry about anything until I come to. But no. No rest for the wicked, as Josh used to say. My dreams were plagued with horrible images. Zach and I, walking next to a cliff, holding hands. I smile at him, this is nice. He leans in to kiss me when Violet suddenly screams and pushes me off the cliff. 'YOU SKANK!' She screams at me. I start to cry. I am holding on only by my fingertips. I plead for Zach to save me but he loops his arms around Violet's waist and kisses her. My hands start to slip a little. Then Zach leans in and marks Violet with his mark. She is now his mate. She, does the same to him. he is hers. I feel my heart literally stop beating in my chest. It withers and deflates. I start to cough. I cough furiously, until my shrivelled heart flies out of my mouth. Then suddenly I am falling. I claw the air furiously for something to hold onto but I can't find anything. Strong arms hold me back. I don't know who's. I start to scream, then I remember I can shift, my wolf can swim. But it's not working. I can't shift. I scream and claw at the arms restraining me. The sea has turned blood red and I plummet into it. Thrashing in the water, I feel the blood start to fill my lungs. I choke on it. I am going to die. But through it all I hear a voice calling my name. 'Rose.' 'ROSE' I try to tell the voice that I am fine. But every time I open my mouth, blood floods in, filling my lungs. Then suddenly all I can see is light. Bright, blinding light, and I know, I am dead.

************************************

BRETT'S P.O.V

I heard screams coming from next door. Rose. I need to help her! Why hasn't she woken up yet? I was awake an hour ago! I stood up and pounded furiously on the door to Rose's room. Nobody answered. Furious, I smashed a hole in the door and stepped in.

Rose was lying on a bed, well she chained to a bed with silver chains. She was sobbing and crying furiously, but her eyes weren't open. I turned to one of the many people who were rushing around her, injecting her with things. "What's wrong with her?" I asked, "Why won't she wake up?" A tall guy with short black hair turned to me, "We don't know" He said. "We are doing our best but this is something we have never seen before!" We were interrupted by Rose's coughing. It started off as just a couple of little coughs. Then escalated into something much more! It sounded like she was choking! Then all of a sudden, blood came spewing out of her mouth, it gushed down her chin, staining her pale blue hoodie. The doctors and nurses started shouting to each other again. Moping up the blood which was pouring out of her mouth thick and fast now. Then suddenly, with one last final cough, it stopped. And she lay completely still. I ran over to her, and was about to pick up her hand when suddenly she stated to claw at the silver chains that were holding her down. But silver is very dangerous for us werewolves and the more the struggled against it, the more her fingers started to bleed. It was like she was trying to tear her own fingers off!

Then came more choking, but this was way worse. Her eyes opened but they weren't seeing. She was just choking and choking with her eyes open."WHAT'S HAPPENING?" I screamed! "She is choking on all the blood! Quick! Someone sit her up!" Shouted the tall guy again. Quickly Rise was surrounded by doctors, momentarily blocked from my view. When they had all moved back I could see that she was now propped up, her head lolling forewards. 'Rose?" I said gently, she didn't move. "ROSE!" I shouted, panicked. Nothing. It is very hard to pick up a werewolves' heart beat, but I had to try anyway, leaning in close, I put my head on her, still, silent chest, and listened. I heard the doctors respectfully leave the room. They thought she was dead. And so did I; until I heard a faint noise. Pressing my head closer, I listened hard. 'Thump-thump', there it was again! 'Thump-thump'. A heartbeat!

"Quickly!" I shouted to the doctors and nurses! "She's alive" they all swarmed in the door, and I watched from her side as she lifted her head and looked around, blinking as if the light hurt her eyes.

"Where am i?" She asked breathlessly. Before I could answer, one of the doctors stepped in, "You're safe now."

************************************************************************

A bit shorter than normal but I hope you liked it.

I have a quick question for you all, would you prefer it if Brett and Rose got together, or stayed just friends? Maybe it didn't work out? Please let me know in the comments! Thank you!<3

-Kate