Chapter 3-Well this is an interesting Development

I gaped up at him. "It's you," I whispered. "Your my-" I was cut off as he leaned in and whispered venomously in my ear, "I'm not your anything." He stood up and addressed everyone at the table.

"We'll people, now seems like as good a time as any to tell you what I called you all here for." He looked down at me. "I recently discovered that this little piece of trash is my mate." I stared back up at him, my heart cracking and splintering into little pieces. This couldn't be happening. What happened to 'everyone deserves a mate'? What happened to 'the mate bond is bigger than status'?

"Obviously," he continued. "I am aware of our pack mottos, which is why I believe that Goddess Luna has made a mistake. Mates are supposed to be the perfect match and I need a Luna that is strong and independent, not..." He looked down at me. I couldn't bear to meet his gaze. I stared at the floor, little pieces of my heart seeping out of my chest and onto the floor splintering in my chest. "So," Zach was speaking again. "I have decided to do what is best for the pack. I, Zachary Carter, publicly reject you, Rose Night." Oh no, please no, this isn't happening. "Your brother is a good beta. Your sister is an excellent Hunter. Your parents were honourable members of the pack, you, however, are a disgrace to the pack." He looked right into my eyes, causing my wolf to howl in anguish. "But to hopefully appease Goddess Luna, I have decided to take a member of the night family as my mate." What? No. No, please no, anything but this! "Violet, would you come here please Babe?" He turned to a simpering Violet who was looking at him like a lost puppy. She giggled as he took her in his arms and gave her a long deep kiss. That was when I felt the shards of my heart fly to the farthest corners of the earth, never to be seen again. I felt numb, I felt empty, but I didn't feel weak. If anything, I felt stronger, as if nothing could hurt me anymore. Shakily I got to my feet, ignoring the shouts and jeers of my pack, and headed towards my mate and my so-called-sister who were still locked in embrace. I heard her murmur his name and I saw red. I stormed towards them and ripped my sister off him, throwing her to the ground. Everyone was shocked, nobody knew I was strong, nobody was aware of the fact that I had been sneaking out to train by myself and it made me feel powerful. "What the-" Violet screeched, she was cut off by the sound of my hand connecting with her face. There was a moment of silence then a growl as I was viciously thrown against the wall. I sunk to the wall, feeling my ankle break as I hit the floor. I looked up to see who my attacker was. Brett stood glaring down at me, breathing heavily, "Keep your hands off my fucking mate." He snarled.

*****************************

BRETT'S P.O.V

"Violet, would you come here please Babe?" I watched as my mate, simpered up to Zach. Wrapping her arms around hit neck. Every time I saw them together it cracked my heart a little. But I knew I couldn't say anything, Zach was my friend, not to mention my Alpha. At least I got to take out my anger on her pathetic little sister. It was just so frustrating, knowing I couldn't be with my mate, all I could do was protect her from afar. But then, I suppose, as Defence, I am protecting everybody.

I watched, horrified as they started to make out right in front of me! If only I could tell her that I was her mate! I know she would pick me! We share a bond! She would have to!

I returned my attention to the scene that was in front if me, I had been so lost in my own world that I didn't notice Violet's sister had stood up and was throwing Violet to the ground. I heard Violet let out a little yelp of pain and I immediately stepped forewords to protect my mate, but her sister had already raised her hand and slapped MY mate right across the face. That was it, with a low growl, I moved up behind behind her, picked her up and threw her against the wall. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY FUCKING MATE!" I snarled at her.

Oh shit. Did I just shout that? Maybe no one heard. I slowly turned around to see the entire pack, including Violet staring right at me. Shit.

"Well," said Zach, sauntering over to me, "This is an interesting development."

************************************************************************

I am stuck as to who's POV to do the next chapter in, any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thank you! <3

-Kate