Chapter 6-overjoyed independant and.... Scared

I would just like to start by saying thank you to all the people who have read this story so far! A special thanks to SilentXxX for her lovely comments, I would reply! But something is wrong with my iPod and I can't view the comments on Wattpad! But thank you VERY much!

Enjoy!

************************************************************************

BRETT'S P.O.V

I heard her scrunch up a piece of paper and gently place it on my lap. I kept my eyes screwed tightly shut. I didn't want her to know that I was awake. God, I really need to remember her name! I know it's a flower like Violet's. Tulip, no... Ro- Rose! That was it! I didn't want Rose to know that I was awake.

I heard her shift and leap out the window. I wanted to get up and have a look at her wolf, but I didn't dare. I heard her give one last howl of goodbye, thus separating her mind from the rest of the pack's. A mark that she had truly gone.

Quickly as I could, I jumped out of the chair and placed the note on her pillow. sprayed myself with a bit of chlorine, (The only thing that can mask our scents) grabbed some money, shifted, then leapt out the widow after her. To be honest, I am not sure why? Perhaps it was because we are the same. Both rejected by our mates and forced to live a life, watching them love other people. The pang in my chest got stronger as I thought of Violet, and I realised that Rose must be feeling the same thing. So I took one last look at my home, then let out a low howl of goodbye. And with that, I bounded off into the forest after her.

ZACH'S P.O.V

I couldn't sleep. I kept replaying today's events over and over in my head. I did the right thing. I know I did. The right thing for me, and my pack. Violet was hot, a strong leader, albeit a little bossy but still. And good in the bedroom. My wolf let out a small howl after the loss of our mate, but I could always fool around with her a little to keep him happy.

Suddenly I heard a howl, a low and sad one that made my wolf start to panic! 'What?' I asked him, but he refused to answer. He was making me really edgy, so I slipped out of bed and went to stand by the window, looking out over the forest. About a minute had passed and my wolf had started to calm down a little when suddenly, a dirty blonde wolf fell past my window. Shocked, I looked down to the garden and watched as this wolf let out a low howl, similar to the one I had heard earlier, then turned around and raced off into the forest.

Brett.

I searched frantically for his mind link but it was gone! I knew he was staying the night in Rose's room so as fast as I could I started to run up the stairs to the atic. Frantically shouting for Rose's mind link, but I couldn't find it either!

'Josh! Josh!' I called frantically to check that my Beta was still there. 'Jesus Zach!' He projected back, 'this better be fucking important, it's 5 in the FUCKING MORNING!' I winced. That hurt. 'It is!' I said reaching the door a slamming it open. I surveyed the empty room in dismay. 'Your sister and Brett are gone.

JOSH'S P.O.V

'WHAT??' I said back, through the mind link. This couldnt be true, where would she have gone? 'Rose' i projected at her, 'This isnt funny Rose, come back now.' I felt as if I was shouting at a potted plant. Pointless and stupid. She was gone.

I quickly started to run up the stairs to the attic. The door was already open, and I could see the hunched figure of Zach, peering down at something in his hands. Whithout turning his head he said, "You need to see this." He sounded broken, whatever it was in his hands was certainly shocking, I wasn't sure I wanted to see. But nonetheless I walked over to his side and removed what I could now see was a piece if paper, from his hands. And started to read.

DEAR MY 'PACK'

I AM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD REALLY CALL YOU THAT AS YOU NEVER ACTED AS A REAL PACK SOULD. YOU WERE ABUSIVE AND CRUEL FOR BO REAL REASON AT ALL.

My breathing stopped in my throat. What have we done?

JOSH. I AM LEAVING NOW, NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN (IF I CAN HELP IT) THERE WAS A TIME WHEN WE WERE THE BEST OF FRIENDS, WHEN I FELT LIKE I COULD ALWAYS RELY ON YOU.

My heart leapt as I read those words, maybe she didn't blame me!

BUT THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE, ALONG WITH THE DAYS OF WAKING UP, HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR THE DAY TO COME. NOW ALL I FEEL IS DREAD WHEN THE SUNLIGHT WAKES ME UP. DREAD AND FEAR.

Maybe not.

THE ONLY REASON I STAYED FOR SO LONG WAS BECAUSE OF MY MATE. WHICH BRINGS ME TO.

ZACH. WHAT CAN I SAY ZACH? EXCEPT CONGRATULATIONS. YOU FINALY GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. ME GONE.

YOU KNOW, MY MUM ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT MEETING YOUR MATE WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO YOU. THAT NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THREW AT YOU, YOUR MAYE WOULD ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK. BUT ALL THROUGH MY LIFE, YOU WERE THE ONE THROWING THINGS AT ME. AND NOT JUST THINGS TO HURT ME ON THE INSIDE, LIKE MAKING ME THE 'HELPER'. BUT PLATES, CUTLERY, A LAMP TOO ONCE TOO IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN.

WELL BEFORE I GO, I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE W O R S T THING THAT HAS EVER HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUIN MY LIFE. SO THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. YOU AND VIOLET DESERVE EACH OTHER.

Violet! She needs to see what Rose had to say to her.

VIOLET. I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU. HAVE A NICE LIFE WITH MY MATE.

OH AND CONGRATULATIONS.

DON'T LOOK FOR ME, BECAUSE YOU WON'T FIND ME. DON'T SEARCH FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE COVERED UP MY SCENT. DON'T CALL ME..... OH WAIT, I DON'T HAVE A PHONE BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT TO CALL ME? RIGHT JOSH?

I remember the day I said that. Man! If I could take it back if could!

GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE. WITHOUT LOVE OR AFFECTION

ROSE.

Goodbye and good riddance. So she was happy to leave. Not that can blame her of course, I am surprised she stayed so long. What have we done?

ROSE'S P.O.V

My God I was exhausted! I was running for hours, I definitely deserve a break, I thought to myself. My wolf whined in agreement. 'We need to rest' she told me. 'If we are going to hunt tomorrow, we will need our strength' 'okay' I told her. I quickly shifted and curled up under a tree. Pulling a clump of leaves around me, I settled down and tried not to think about what I had just done. I had left, gone, vamoosh! Never to return! I felt elated! Overjoyed! Independent and.... Scared. I felt a bit scared too. I've never been on my own like this before, and it's a great feeling, but a scary one too. 'Stop worrying and go to sleep' my wolf scolded! 'Fine, fine'

I tilted my head back and started to count the stars, repetitive things like that help me to sleep.

Just as I was drifting off I heard a noise, like the snapping of a twig or the crunching of leaves underfoot. I kept up and quickly shifted. Growling softly, my eyes fell across a blonde lump in the middle if some bushes. Brett! Snarling angrily, I pounced on this mound, which let out a surprised yelp, and backtracked quickly. Brett quickly shifted into human form.

"Hey!" He said, raising his arms, "it's just me." I shifted too. "What are you doing here?"

He sighed, "I want to join you Rose." "Yeah right." I snorted. "No seriously, I realised that we are the same! Both rejects, both unloved and unwanted by our soulmates" I covered my ears with my hands! "Shut up!" I shouted.

He smiled humourlessly, "well?" He asked, "Will you take me with you?"

I considered this, he was right, we are both the same. "Fine."

*********************************************************

Sorry if you thought that was rushed!

-Kate