Chapter 10-Thorn? I love it

just to let you guys know that I took some inspiration for the bad guy from a book I read when I was younger, just in case anyone recognises it! I can't remember the name of the book but... Enjoy! :D

************************************************************************

SOMEONE'S P.O.V

Hello my little birdie!

Come and sit with me,

Perch on this branch

While I spill my plans with glee,

The girl has gone,

But I know where,

I'll find her when its time.

And whether she likes it or not,

Some day, she will be mine.

************************************

ROSE'S P.O.V

I woke up, disturbed after my dream. I never got enough sleep on the nights where I had that dream. I looked in the mirror, I had dark circles under my eyes, my normally bright hazel eyes were dull and slightly bloodshot from all the crying. My hair was a tangled mess but as I was determined to still practice and train today. I was not going to let my past ruin my future. I quickly showered (yes my new room has an en-suite!) and put on a different pair of shorts and a new top with a collar. Then, making sure that my ponytail covered most if my neck and shoulders. i didn't want the knife marks questioned. Come to think of it, I realised that the claw marks down my back from a particularly bad day with Jacob (another one of Josh's friends) were a little obvious if I life's my arms up. So making a mental note to watch out for that, I ran down the stairs, eager to train again. Just as I was about to exit the house I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Leaving without breakfast?" I turned, "umm... Yes Alpha Jason, I have training with Alex and Nattie today." He smiled, "I insist you eat Rose!"

"But Alex and Nattie-"

"Are in the kitchen eating toast as we speak." His eyes sparkled with laughter as he smiled at me. Slowly, I nodded my head, "okay, I'll have something quick." He smirked at me, damn, he was kind of good looking.

"Let's go then, kitchen's this way." He turned and walked back down the hall, turning his head to make sure I was following. As we approached the door, I could smell the amazing smell of bacon and eggs, my mouth started to water, I hadn't had anything this tasty in years! I was always given the leftovers which mostly consisted of toast, and the occasional pancake or so. As we entered the room, I saw Alex and Nattie bickering over something at the table, Nattie was waving a butter knife dangerously near Alex's face but she put it down and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey Rose!" She said, "You want some toast?" She asked holding a plate to me. "Sure," I said, looking for an extra seat around the busy table. I say down opposite Alex and Nattie and in the middle of Brett and a tall, dark haired guy called Charlie. Brett smiled at me, "Sleep well?" He asked, I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion. Did he know? But he seemed sincere so I just smiled and said, "Yeah."

After a slightly unhealthy breakfast of toast and Nutella, eggs and two rashers of bacon, Alex, Nattie and I headed out to the gardens to train again. It was a lovely day today, the kind that just makes you want to lie down in the long grass and stare up at the sky. But of course, I was not going to do anything like that.

We started like we had yesterday, with some stretches and a 2K run. Then, after a quick drink, we got down to the actual fighting. We picked up where we left off, with hand to hand combat with Nattie whilst Alex assessed me. Alex seemed to be in a particularly foul mood today and it was definitely showing. His black mood was definitely making me edgy, back in my old pack, whenever there was tension like that, I got the hell out of there, in my experience those kind of moods can only lead to pain. I kept having to remind myself that this was not the Wind Pack. These people are nice, kind and welcoming. "HANDS UP ROSE!" Shouted Alex as Nattie punched me in the chest. With an 'oooof!' I landed on my butt again. Alex stalked towards me, eyes flashing. "Jesus Christ Rose! How many times do I have to tell you to keep your HANDS UP!" He yelled. I cringed back but nodded my head.

"I'll get it this time," I promised and resumed my defensive stance, hands up, knees bent, eyes wary. I carefully studied Nattie's body movement, her eyes flicked to her left as she circled me, but I knew this was a trick, so I was ready when she dummied to the left and blocked her from the right instead. Surprised, she stumbled back a couple of steps. I proudly turned to Alex, when I felt a fist connect with my gut. Hard. Groaning I fell to the ground clutching at my stomach. "Oh my gosh Rose I am so sorry! I didn't realised you had turned away!" I tried to tell her I was fine but all I could do was groan on the floor.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex striding towards us. "What the HELL was that?!" He shouted as I struggled to my feet. "Why on EARTH would you turn AWAY from your opponent? Are you mentally disabled or something?!"

"Alex," Nattie chided softly.

"No! No wonder they never bothered to train you! You are HOPELESS! Clearly even your parents couldn't be bothered!" I sucked in a breath at that and stared hard at the line if trees blinking back the tears that were threatening to well over. But I couldn't, and I felt a couple trickle down my cheek.

"Rose-" Alex started to say but I cut him off and started running towards the forest, home of my nightmares but also my sanctuary.

How could he say those awful things? I thought this pack would be different! Clearly I was wrong.

************************************

ALEX'S P.O.V

Shit. Why did I say those things to her? I didn't really mean any of it! She is really talented, I am just in a bad mood because- well never mind why, I need to find her and apologise! Before Nattie could speak I took off into the forest after her.

After about 5 minutes if running I finally found her, in my favourite clearing, sobbing her heart out. Jesus I feel awful.

I carefully approached her and put a hand in her shoulder. She looked up, "Just leave me alone," she hiccuped, "please. I have had enough of bullies from my old pack and I don't-"

"Wait, what?!" I said. Did she just say bullies? "Nothing!" She said quickly, but I was not going to let this go! It took a bit of coaxing but eventually she told me her story. A horrific story, full of abuse and misery. But it didn't stop there, she told me of the fateful day that she tried to fight back against a girl called Mandy. But her boyfriend interrupted their fight with a knife. A knife that he dragged down her back as a punishment.

I looked at Rose who had said all if this in a numb emotionless voice staring at the grass. Slowly, I raised the back if her shirt and sure enough, there was a long scar that ran the length of her back. I was just about to release the shirt when I noticed more of the scar ran up her shoulders and into the back of her neck. I pulled her shirt up all the way and stared in horror at the raised, pink, intertwining scars that criss-crossed grotesquely along her neck and shoulders. "Wha-" I stammered, "what about these?" Then the rest of the story came out, all if it, the dreams, everything. And after the tale was fine she stared up at me with tear stained eyes and said. "So you see, after the rejection, I just couldn't stay any longer. I wanted a fresh start, to create a new me, a tougher me!"

I looked at this brave girl and felt an overwhelming sense of protection, I smiled at Rose.

"Why don't we start the new, spikey you with a new name? How about Thorn. Roses have thorns don't they, hidden strength underneath their beauty." She didn't say anything. "It could just be a nickname..." I trailed off. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before looking at me, the tears gone, and determination on her face. "I love it."

************************************************************************

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to upload but I had a TON of work and in top of that my favourite band My Chemical Romance broke up!! D':

But here it is! Hope you liked it!

Thank you for all the support, I love you guys, really!

Vote, comment! <3

-Kate