Chapter 5- goodbye and good riddance

ROSIE'S P.O.V

"No. Fucking. Way." Brett growled. I wasn't surprised. Nobody wanted me, my own mate rejected me. Even my brother hates me. Ever since our parent's death, he has been so shut off from emotion. And cruel. He's been very cruel. He blames me for our parents death. I can see why he thinks that. But did he really have to tell everyone that it was my fault?!

The sound of Zach's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"My pack, my rules." Wait, what?! He can't force us to date! I don't want Brett! He'll hurt me! Wait, Brett will never agree to this, calm down Rosie, I whispered to myself. I glanced up at Brett to reassure myself and to my horror, I saw him grit his teeth then suddenly, he swooped down to me and hurled me to my feet. I let out a cry of pain as I landed horribly on my ankle, I heard another crack before I collapsed onto the floor again.

"Jesus Christ!" Shouted Brett! "Get up you stupid bitch!" Knowing what would happen if I didn't, I struggled to my feet. Putting most of my weight onto my left foot. I let out a hiss of pain as I felt my ankle start to crumble again. Suddenly there was a searing pain across my face, Brett had slapped me. I stumbled backwards, tears trickling down my face. I felt my back slam into a person, who gently supported me by the arms. I tilted my head to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was Josh.

"Come on Brett, she can't walk all the way upstairs." He said softly; as if he was afraid someone would hear him.

"She's my 'GIRLFRIEND' so she can do whatever I fucking tell her to do." He glared at me. "Now climb those fucking stairs."

Wiping away my tears, I made a lunge for the banister, whimpering as my foot made contact with the first stair. I heard a little titter behind me, but I ignored it.

After a long, laboured half an hour, I finally made it to the too floor. My ankle was screaming with white hot pain. I thought I was going to pass out so I hurriedly hopped to my bed where I collapsed, exhausted.

"What the fuck did you do!" Shouted Brett, storming into my room. "This is all your fault! If you had just been normal, then your mate would have accepted you and I would get to be with mine!"

I didn't say anything, I was too afraid. I just wanted him to leave so that I could shift and heal my ankle. But to my dismay, he settled in the chair by the window, resting his head on the glass. I watched as his dirty blonde hair fell over one eye, and in a matter of minutes, he was asleep.

I swiftly threw the covers off me and shuffled to the end of my bed. Being super careful not to move my ankle too much. Breathing in deeply, I closed my eyes and shifted. Shifting with an injury was always difficult and painful. You really had to concentrate to make sure you completed the transition accurately. I pictures my wolf in my mind, somehow, i can see her as clearly as if she was standing right in front of me.There was a moment when I felt my bones start to change shape and morph, the tingly feeling, slowly spreading from the top of ny head to my tips of my toes. I concentrated extra hard when I felt the tingles reach my ankle. My ankle grew warm. Very warm. Too warm! BURNING! But before I could let out a scream, I had shifted into my sleek white wolf. I am not really sure why my wolf is white... Your wolf is supposed to match your hair colour but mine is different. Just another tool for the others to hurt me with. Suddenly the days events came rushing back to me with such force that it actually caused a sharp pain in my chest. Why me?! The only reason I stuck with this bloody pack was because if my mate! How could he just ignore our bond like that?! What kind of a person does that make him?

Oh yeah. The same sort as my sister. I glanced over at Brett's sleeping figure. We were in the same boat really both rejects, forced to go through life as half a person. Knowing that we are three words away from being whole. But knowing that these words will never come.

And it was in that second that I decided to leave. There was nothing left for me here.

I quickly but quietly shifted back, (into my clothes this time!) and packed, my clothes, some food that I kept in a drawer next to my clothes and other essentials like a my iPod. I then put all of my things into the biggest bag I could find then tied it around my neck. I looked around my room, now empty. All of my life fitted into this one bag. I was just about to shift again when I remembered sonething. Running over to my bed, I lifted up the corner of my mattress and took the photo that was nestled underneath. It was a photo from back when my patents were alive.

It shows our family on a picnic in the clearing in the forest. We are all smiling and happy. My mum is kissing my dads cheek, her blonde hair flying behind her. My dad is grinning like an idiot with one arm around my mother and the other, hugging Violet to his side. And next to him is a smiling Josh with one arm carelessly thrown over my shoulder.

I felt a tear slowly trickle out the corner of one eye. Wiping it away hastily, I grappled a piece of paper and a pen from my bag and wrote a quick note.

DEAR MY 'PACK'

I AM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD REALLY CALL YOU THAT AS YOU NEVER ACTED AS A REAL PACK SOULD. YOU WERE ABUSIVE AND CRUEL FOR BO REAL REASON AT ALL.

JOSH. I AM LEAVING NOW, NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN (IF I CAN HELP IT) THERE WAS A TIME WHEN WE WERE THE BEST OF FRIENDS, WHEN I FELT LIKE I COULD ALWAYS RELY ON YOU. BUT THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE, ALONG WITH THE DAYS OF WAKING UP, HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR THE DAY TO COME. NOW ALL I FEEL IS DREAD WHEN THE SUNLIGHT WAKES ME UP. DREAD AND FEAR. THE ONLY REASON I STAYED FOR SO LONG WAS BECAUSE OF MY MATE. WHICH BRINGS ME TO.

ZACH. WHAT CAN I SAY ZACH? EXCEPT CONGRATULATIONS. YOU FINALY GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. ME GONE.

YOU KNOW, MY MUM ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT MEETING YOUR MATE WAS THE MIST AMAZING THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO YOU. THAT NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THREW AT YOU, YOUR MAYE WOULD ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK. BUT ALL THROUGH MY LIFE, YOU WERE THE ONE THROWING THINGS AT ME. AND NOT JUST THINGS TO HURT ME ON THE INSIDE, LIKE MAKING ME THE 'HELPER'. BUT PLATES, CUTLERY, A LAMP TOO ONCE TOO IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN.

WELL BEFORE I GO, I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE W O R S T THING THAT HAS EVER HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUIN MY LIFE. SO THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. YOU AND VIOLET DESERVE EACH OTHER.

VIOLET. I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU. HAVE A NICE LIFE WITH MY MATE.

OH AND CONGRATULATIONS.

DON'T LOOK FOR ME, BECAUSE YOU WON'T FIND ME. DON'T SEARCH FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE COVERED UP MY SCENT. DON'T CALL ME..... OH WAIT, I DON'T HAVE A PHONE BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT TO CALL ME? RIGHT JOSH?

GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE. WITHOUT LOVE OR AFFECTION

ROSE.

I scrunched up the note and placed it on Brett's lap. He would find it in the morning. And with that, I shifted and jumped out of the window. Landing in the garden, I took one last look at my prison and with one small howl goodbye, I set off into the night.

************************************************************************

I hope you guys enjoyed that! Thank you for all the reads! They really brighten up my day!

Comment! Vote! <3

-Kate