Chapter 16-we rock

Someone's P.O.V

Where is my little birdie?

He's been missing for a while.

He'd better have what I need,

To bring to me a smile.

I know she fought today,

And I'm sure she'll have done well.

But I need some confirmation dear,

So that I can ring the bell.

There you are my sweetheart!

Soaring across the sky!

A powerful sweep in your wings,

An evil glint in your eye.

So tell me my little birdie,

Did everything turn out right?

Or do I have to punish you?

And set you off in flight.

It all went well you say?

And she's feeling a little sad?

Perhaps it's time to start,

My plan that's oh, so bad!

So fly away my birdie!

Remember,

Daddy loves you so!

And tell me what you see,

Wherever you may go.

************************************

Rose's P.OV

"Well done girl!" Nattie screeched in my ear as I pushed past the chatting crowds of people that were blocking the exit.

"I always knew you would be great!" She gushed, throwing her arms around my neck in a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks Nattie!" I smiled, drawing back.

Several other people came over to talk to me about my victory but I was only half paying attention as I noticed a large crowd of the Wind pack huddled close, discussing something in hushed voices. Occasionally glancing over at us.

~oh yeah.~ my wolf sighed.

~that must have been quite a shock to them!~ she giggled.

~I guess...~ I replied. My eyes on the back of Zach's shirt. He didn't really seem to be participating in their discussion but every now and then he would add a comment.

My wolf started to whine and I immediately scolded her.

~ don't you dare start to pine for him again!~ I warned her sternly. ~he doesn't deserve us!~

But before she could reply we both stopped.

"What was that?" I mumbled under my breath. I couldn't hear the noise over the chatter if the crowd.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!" I yelled. Everyone turned to look at me quizzically.

"Listen." I whispered. And as they did a sound could be heard. A sound that drifted over us in the soft wind. A sound that echoed around my head and sent goosebumps down my arms.

It was the sound of a bell. A low bell chiming somewhere in the forest. Sending shivers to my core.

"What is that?" A loud voice demanded.

"We'll clearly it's a bell." Another replied.

"I know that whoever you are but what is a bell doing, ringing in the forest?"