Chapter 38

Chapter 38

*Sydney's P.O.V*

A silent buzz of an alarm on my left side awoken me from my long hours of sleep. I saw a blonde swiftly mutter a few words until he removed his pajama's and swapped them with a clean pair of denim pants and a t-shirt. He was very fortunate to dress so casually to go to work. After all he was a well known popstar. He strided towards me, my mind still boggling from just awawkening. Hours were still early and my mind was comprehending much. Apparently my eyes were open at the moment because Niall started speaking to me in a hushed voice. He finished his sentence with a 'See you later' and kissed my forehead. He grasped the edges of the comforter and pulled them up to my chin,. then smiling and exiting the room. I shut my eyes again from being so tired.

In all honesty, I wanted to follow him. I knew hanging around all the boys again would be a bit of a drag on my birthday. Considering they would be rehearsing all day and then performing a small concert for a organization of the sort. One direction was a very big in charity kind of thing. I admired that; although their music wasn't extremely appealing to me.

Several hours later I woke up to shining light sprinkling into the room. I shot out of bed to close the curtains and removed the sleep from the crevices in my eye. I padded my way to the kitchen to find a small cake with a long note written on it. I laughed silently to myself as I sat at the island to read the note.

'Happy Birthday, beautiful. A surprise will arrive at the house at about 4 o' clock. So get dressed and be ready. I hope you have a piece for breakfast, just don't forget the time ;)' I giggled as I read it in my head again. Surprise? I was never really into birthdays so I didn't require any huge gifts or parties even as a child. Niall being Niall I knew this was going to be big and definitely a change from my average birthdays. I was turning twenty one after all. I guess if I was in America it would be a bigger deal.

I searched around the kitchen for a larger knife so I could slice a piece of the cake but nothing was visible. I opened a few pantries until I came across a dusty book on the top shelf. Knives were in the corner next to the fridge, as I stupidly realized. I grabbed  knife and pulled the book down to get a face full of dust. I wiped the cover off to find the most embarrassing title ever. The book was bright blue and had an orange title reading 'Sex & Puberty'. My boggled on why he had this book. There were several book marks shoved in so I took the liberty to cut myself a piece of cake and bring the book and my cake into the bedroom.

I covered my knees in the comforter and took a piece of the cake and placed it on my tongue. The sweet taste of the frosting was heaven compared to my Aunt's cooking. It was almost a drunk feeling. Except better, I had just realized I hadn't had any sort of alcoholic drink in nearly 3 months. Somehow I knew there would be some drinking involved tonight. I flipped to the first bookmarked page of the book and almost flat out cried of laughter from the title.

How you know you like a girl, it read. More laughter joined my diaphragm as I read the words over and over. The sticky note that lay in front of me was much less crumpled and dusty than the book itself which led to the conclusion it had been used more recently. There was some stupid shit reading that you would get butterflies or you wanted to be with her 24/7. I found myself thinking about how this book could of been a guide to stalk a girl. I took another bite of cake as I flipped to the next page.

How you know a girls ready for sex, my mind boggled at when Niall would have needed to use this. I mean I knew when him and I hooked up he was most certainty not a virgin. Then I remembered his little story about him having sex with a girl behind a dumpster. I cringed at the thought of my body ever enduring that. Even worse my mind wandered to my ex boyfriend. Just the thoughts of him using me for pleasure made bile reach my throat. I shook my head and flipped to the last post it note.

How to put on a condom, it read. I didn't even want to read the lower paragraphs. I lost myself in hysterics as I threw the book on the ground in laughter. My cake was definitely splattered all over the bed from my laughter. I reached for my phone and quickly picked out Niall's contact.

To Niall: If you didn't know how to put on a condom I could have showed you. ;)

Sent.

I giggled to myself as I ventured into the kitchen to down a glass of water. I waited for Niall's response by taking the liberty to shower and get ready for this evening.

When I exited the bathroom I wrapped a towel around my body and my hair and searched for my phone in the room. I smiled at the ruffled bed knowing that was where Niall and I were last night. His side was much more messy considering he moved around a lot more in his sleep. I grasped my towel in my fingers then gingerly picking up my phone to read the most recent text message. I grinned at his answer trying not to laugh. My stomach could only take so much laughter.

From Niall: Should I be worried on why you're asking me this..

To Niall: Possibly.

From Niall: You seriously didn't find my old sex-ed book from like year seven did you?

To Niall: Why were you worrying about sex in year seven? Naughty boy.

From Niall: What can I say, I was a fucked up horny teenager.

To Niall: Sounds like something I would say.

From Niall: Great minds think alike ;)

To Niall: Alright. That's to much testosterone for me. I'll see you at four.

I smiled before shutting off my phone and digging through Niall's- well our - closet. I pulled on some tighter torn black skinny jeans. I swear I hadn't worn them since I was in high school. Surprisingly they still fit. I wasn't exactly the fit track star I used to be. I pulled a thin white tank top that read SARCASM on it. I paired my outfit with light blue VANS and headed into the bathroom to do my hair and make up.

I knew someone was going to be taking pictures so I wanted to look some what approachable. I curled my hair into light waves and then pulled two pieces to the back of my head. I gave myself winged eye liner and some light lip gloss and I was good to go. I didn't want my hair frizzing to bad so I grabbed Niall's black beanie that I was pretty sure he stole from Harry. I put it carefully over my head and headed back into the living area. The floor was cleaner than my house but the smell of potatoe chips and alcohol was still clear as day on the couch. I grabbed my laptop from the coffee table and opened up Tumblr. It was insane how many followers I gained since becoming friends with Niall.

I checked the time in the corner and it read 3:30. I tried to keep my mind occupied with Netflix until my 'surprise' came at four.

When the door bell finally rang I pulled my wallet and phone from the small bowl in the kitchen and opened the door with a smile.

"Miss Martin?"

"Yes," I spoke calmly.

Author's Note:

CLIFFHANGER. Don't hate me.

Next Update Wednesday.

If you want it sooner get 5 comments and 10 votes x

-Meredith