Chapter 13

Chapter 13

*Sydney's P.O.V*

"What do you mean you invited the boys?" Abbey spat fingering her facade nails over the key board of my mac. She twisted the bottom of her stool looking intently at her email.

"What about it?" I absent mindly shot back as I cut up the assortment of fruits.

"It says you sent it to Niall's mail." She plainly responded twisting her seat so she faced directly towards me. I didn't see her but I felt her constant stare in my own blood. I could feel my blood boil at how weak she made me feel. It was like staring at a bug underneath a magnifying glass. You couldn't run away you had to stay and be pressured in your own skin. I hated that feeling.

"So?" I shrugged still facing the fruit. I gritted my teeth before she responded and ended up chipping at the end of my finger. "Fuck," I cursed shoving my finger into my mouth to clot the flowing blood.

"So, I thought this was going to just be a girl thing. We've been spending quite a lot of time with them you know." She didn't even bother to help my wounded finger. All she did was toss the near by towel and I pressed it too the open cut. Blood already started seeping through the fabric making it a light pink at the surface.

"Will you go grab me so gauze?" I inquired nodding my head towards the bathroom down the hall. She nodded swiftly leaving into the hallway to return quickly with a white medical box. "My hands a bit stuck, open it please?"

"Gosh you're so needy!" She whined sarcastically pulling out a strand of white paper. She helped me wrap it around my open wound so the blood would stop rushing down my flesh.

"Thanks," I mumbled trying to move around the pulsing of my finger. It felt like it had its own heart beat. The tight gauze was making the center of my finger turn purple and it already felt numb. I guess that was a good thing in my case. "Good thing you're not a nurse." I chuckled sitting at the stool next to her. She stared back at the computer typing away swiftly before she even cared to respond to me.

"So about that party,"

"Abbey. Get over it! They're our friends. We're not always going to be the fantastic four we used to be. You're the one who let them into our group anyway." I griped getting up again and searching for a plastic bowl underneath the sink.

"Just for the record my dad invited them to meet us," She defended. "Besides the point, its christmas time isn't that for *friends*?" She emphasized on the word friends with her tongue almost spitting at the strawberry's in front of me. I piled them into the plastic bowl and shoved them into her open arms.

"They are our friends, Abbey." I sternly stated sitting back down to eat my fruit. I watched the snow fall outside my window as Abbey huffed and continued to blog about whatever. I finished my food in silence until I recieved a text message.

From Niall: Boys can come tomorrow night. As am I. I'm super pumped.

I smiled weakly craidling my phone in my hands to reply.

To Niall: Sounds great. Beware of the bwitch she isn't very pleased of your arrival.

I turned my phone off hopping off of the seat to clear off our plates.

"I'm going shopping with Amanda later, I'll call you. Alright?" Abbey announced shutting my laptop and handing it to me.

"Without me? So sad," I fake pouted and she rolled her eyes to the back of her head.

"See you later, babe." She waved and turned to leave.

"Don't let Amanda try on any of those weird jumpers I saw!" I hollered.

"No promises," I heard her cackle back. I chuckled and headed towards my living room to play some video games.

*Niall's P.O.V*

"I'll have a chicken salad sandwhich, please." I requested handing the waistress my menu. She gave me a big smile. Her blonde hair cascaded right down where her shirt should be, although her shirt lay about 2 inches underneath. Unfortanetly, her attempt at flirting with me failed when a pen dropped out between her boobs and onto my plate. Tough luck.

"Will do, sweetie." She giggled recklessly making Harry scoff and stifle his laugh. She scowled at him and went back to another table to take orders. Right when she left all the boys couldn't help but cackle.

"It wasn't that funny," I whined slamming my palm on the table to quiet them. I swear the whole restraunt was staring at us.

"It was pretty bloody hilarious," Zayn retorted looking at me from the other side of the table. I sat at the head while Harry and Liam sat on either side of me, Zayn and Louis right next to them. We were on a lunch break from rehearsal and luckily nandos was right down the street from us.

"I feel bad for her. Thinking she had a chance with Mr. I will find my princess some day." Harry mocked.

"You shut up!" I slapped his bicep making the rest of the boys shut up.

"Oh wait, he already found Sydney," Louis giggled saying her name in a girly tone.

"Say one more word and I won't be afraid to dig your grave for ya'" I snapped fisting my knife onto the wood of the table as the rest of the boys sneered.

"Alright Alright, lets leave the boy alone." Liam calmed them down but they all still had their lips curled into smiles.

Arse's.

"Here's your sandwhich," She smiled placing the food in front of me.

"Thanks." She nodded a blush creeped up on her lips. The rest of the boys recived their meals and dug in right away. It has been a long day and we all just wanted to eat.

****

When I returned home that evening the buzzing of my fernace was the only greeting. It was depressing at times to live all alone while Harry & Louis lived with eachother. Liam used to have Danielle but he will always have Yoki. I can't imagine how Sydney gets along with herself if she lives alone all the time. She has her friends but none of them are truly kickers.

I landed on the couch pressing my fingers into the dials of the remote to turn on the futbol game. I groaned loudly stretching my back hearing each knot undo loudly.

After minutes my eyes kept drooping so I decided to make some tea to keep me awake. I padded towards the kitchen feeding my eyes on the green tea packets behind my stove. I ran some hot water, getting quite distracted by the ringing of my phone in the other room. When I heard the familiar ring tone of Sydney's phone I clattered the pan on the ground leaving hot water spilled onto my hand.

"Shit, Shit, Shit." I cursed running around in circles waving my hand around frantically.

"Hello?" I asked still cursing under my breath.

"Hey mate."

"Oh its you," I sighed hearing it was Harry.

"Who were you expecting?"

"Doesn't matter. Need something?" I inquired blowing on my hand still seeing the red marks already forming on my knuckles.

"Do you know where you kept the Karate Kid last time you came over? I can't seem to find it."

"Why don't you ask Lou?" I groaned slumping over towards the hot mess of a kitchen.

"You watched it when you slept over last week, remember?"

"Ay, maybe its underneath the sofa."

I heard some ruffling as he dropped the phone several times to search for the movie, "Found it!" He cheered.

"Yippe," I unemotionally stated.

"What side of the bed did you wake up on, grumpy?" Harry rudely retorted.

"Oh hush up. I'll see you tomorrow at Sydney's."

"Goodnight, grumpy pants." He chuckled to himself as I faced the fact that hot water was seeping into my carpet floor.

"Fantastic," I sighed before getting on my hands in knee's.