Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*Sydney's P.O.V*

"See you in a bit," I spoke through the phone. I dusted off the bottom of my dress flattening out the creeses on my thigh. The whole half up half down dress was new to me. Zayn made me try on about 3,000 of them until I agreed to let him buy one where the color wasn't completley repulsive. Don't get me wrong; I liked dressing up for fun occasions but being dragged through multitudes of stores with someone as enthusiastic towards clothing as Zayn was sort of a down fall. I finally agreed on a maroon colored dress with a silver lining down my chest. I allowed Zayn to purchase me some new strappy heels that matched the silver in the dress's fabric. Overall I fixed my hair so it wasn't normally down and of course so the remains of penguin poop weren't in it. I added a bit more make up then usual and finished it up with my clutch.

I had just gotten off the phone with Amanda who told me Abbey was concerned about my arrival. I thought it was quite humerous that she thought I was going to skip out on something with free food. More importantly; I didn't want to live a life as Abbey's puppet. If I wanted to talk and be with my new friends as I please then I should. I didn't think the boys liked her very much anyway.

But hey, who does?

I finished buckling the straps of my heels and I grabbed my key's off the counter top. This banquet was farther down town so the T was a bit to far away to travel. I sucked in my cheeks wondering whether or not to actually drive there. If I did I would have to deal with parking which I wasn't up for. I wanted to show my face, eat some food and go home. As excited as I was to talk with a bunch of stuck up entrepeanuers I'd rather be home taking a bubble bath with my phone.

"Eh, screw it." I sighed tossing the keys back onto the counter top. They made a loud clinking sound as they touched the granite. I strided towards the door, down the stairs and into the side walk. Twenty feet into the walk I was already regretting my decision of walking. I felt a few rain drops fall against the side walk and run down my arm. I picked up my pace until I came upon a overly fancy building where people in suits and dresses' were walking in. I spotted Kailey with Harry chatting on the front steps.

I waved at the curly haired boy picking up at the back of my dress as I rushed up the stairs and out of the rain.

"Hey Guys," I smiled finally content with being dry. My hair had let go of its volume I had tried to succeed from the hair spray. Damn rain. Harry dazed his eyes over my dress and then towards my face. He gave me a disgusted look and turned away to walk inside.

"What's his problem?" I questioned Kailey.

"C'mon lets just go inside," Kailey notioned dropping the subject on Harry's rude attitude. I shrugged following her in. The room was filled with elder people and young looking business men. I recognized very few people; this was much different then a usual night at the bar. Kailey strayed from me, going towards a table with Louis, Zayn, and Abbey. I turned quickly seeing she had walked away swiftly. As I came to the table Abbey crossed her arms and legs giving me the most rude posiion ever.

"Your table number 19. This is 4." Abbey stated viciously.

"Why am I not with you guys?"

"There wasn't enough room for y-"

"Hi there," I heard a sweet, girly voice retort behind me. When I moved my head to look where the noise had come from there stood a petite young girl who couldn't be any older than 22. She had long wavy brown hair and she was smiling wide at who I thought was Louis. She wafted over towards the boy who pecked her cheek and pulled an agacent seat out for her.

"This is Eleanor. My girlfriend," Louis chastfully spoke.

"Oh,"

"See, no room. We'll see you sometime tonight. I'm sure," Abbey sweetly spoke.