Chapter 27

Chapter 27

*Niall's P.O.V*

"Hey Syd?" I inquired propping my shins onto her thighs. She stood her ground focused onto the television playing her video games. It was farely humerous yet adorable how seriously she took her video games. It had been a few days since our heated kiss and we haven't really spoken about it. I mean I didn't want things between us to be awkward. If friends was what she wanted friends is what she'll get. I just want her to be happy like every cliche person in love.

Okay, I'm not in love. But Sydney means the world to me and if she even gave us a chance those feelings could occur. Man I really sound like I'm on the bachelor.

"Yeah," She spoke between bites of her popcorn.

"Can we talk for a minute?" She paused the game for a second twisting her body to face me. Even with the bird poop in her hair from work earlier she still looked incredible. Of course I had a similar stench on my apparel considering I had been visiting quite often to see my little guy. Adopting a penguin was the best idea since microwavable mac and cheese.

"What about?"

"I know you've been kind of straying off the topic. I guess neither of us want to bring up awkward topics-"

"If this is about the kiss then its not awkward," She interrupted. I cocked my eyebrow folding my hands together in my lap.

"Oh," I started. "I didn't know if that was the reason why you weren't bringing it up."

"Why do I need to?" She asked hastilly.

"Well you don't need to. Isn't it odd to you that best friends have such...an interesting relationship?"

"Niall, I liked it. You liked it. Thats all there is too it. You're leaving in what? A week? What are you expecting to happen? I become your girlfriend, we never see eachother again and you cheat on me with some j-lo knock off?"

"See this is why your irrisistible." I laughed. "You're insane rediculous self," I scooted closer to her messing up her hair leading her to tackle herself onto me. Her chest lay ontop of mine and her face was hooked in the corner of my neck. My head rested on the wooden arm rest of the sofa as I listened to her soft breathing.

"Niall. You're my best friend and thats all that matters," She tilted her head up to show her wide grimace and rosy cheeks. I pecked her forehead and she placed her head back down into my neck.

"So what are we going to do when I leave?"

"What do you usually do with your distressed best friends?" Sydney said getting up from our original close position.

"Send them mail by horse," I spoke completely serious.

"This is the 21st century, not the 1800's, Horan."

"Hey, I love getting mail,"

"I'm sure you love getting bills too,"

"Thats why junk mail was invented," I winked as she picked her controller back up.

"You know your missing my birthday," She spoke again after a few seconds of silence. Her mouth was yet again stuffed to the rim with popcorn. She's definetly a girl that can eat.

"Then I guess I'll have to send you a gift in the mail,"

"Great. Me and the penguins on my birthday. What more could I ask for?" She stated sarcastically. We both landed in a laughing fit before exhuastingly laying on the couch. Together, as close as we could we just layed there in eachothers arms. I was going to miss that on tour. I was going to miss her more than anything. It was going to hurt more than anything.

******

"Hey guys. How goes it?"

"How goes it?" Zayn scoffed stifling his laugh at my corny retort.

"What? Just trying to be polite."

"You could have reinforced your idea of politeness by arriving at rehersal a bit earlier," Harry rudely stated.

"I don't control traffic," I shrugged picking out a donut from the food table. Louis was sipping at his water trying to keep his head out of Harry's obnoxious retorts.

"But you do control your booty calls with Sydney,"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I spat stepping closer to him.

"You know well what I'm talking about,"

"Surprisingly, I don't speak asshole." I rolled my eyes grabbing a water and heading towards the couch in our dressing room. Zayn had already left the room and Liam was no where in sight. This way going to get a lot worse before it got any better.

"Okay, Horan. I don't know what your problem has been these last few months but your making a big mistake hanging around with that whore of yours."

"Who do you think she is? A fucking prostitute?"

"She may as well be considering all the men hanging off of her limbs."

"You say one more word about Sydney, and I swear." I spoke through gritted teeth. I gripped onto Harry's collar almost lifting his feet off the ground.

"Harry! Niall!" I heard Liam yelp from behind Harry. I looked down exhaling sharply and letting go of Harry.

"I'd appreciate it if you just stopped talking to me all together," I muttered quietly so only Harry could here. While I walked past him my shoulder bumped into his on my way out Liam gave me a sad look before joining Harry inside. I didn't have the guts to go back in there an apoligize. He had no right to talk about Sydney like that. Its like Abbey had him brainwashed. Atleast Louis had the heart to not straight out tell me the person I cared about so much was a whore.

I angrily walked out of the studio and parked myself on the edge of the side walk. The memory of Sydney and I sitting outside of CVS came back to mind and I sadly smiled to myself.

"Niall come back in. We need to talk," I heard a disheartened voice speak from inside the building.