WHAT MAKES YOUR BOOK TERRIBLE IMO

Hi! I'M Phoenix and I currently have no idea what I'm doing. This isn't anything important. (Kinda is.) You can just skip over this chapter if you wish.

Jumping right into the purpose of this chapter, here are some of the reasons why I delete books from my library/don't read some books:

1. The (main) character is annoying.

- Yes, I understand the thirst and need for character development but I believe you can do that without making her bratty and annoying.

2. The plot is a basic bitch.

- If your plot is the same old "roommates? Let's fall in love." Or "my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend" I will probably not read your story. UNLESS there is a twist. Then I will be curious and I will read it.

3. The cover just doesn't 'do it'.

- I know that I'm not supposed to judge the book by its cover but if the cover looks unprofessional, I will automatically assume that the book will be unprofessional as well. It might also give me the "ew you do not want to read me" vibe which we need to avoid.

4. You are talking to me.

- When I read a story, I want to be the main character. Feel what they feel. I don't want the story to be told to me, I want to be IN the story, and unravel that your parents died by myself.

Example:

- You know? I am a boss ass bitch and I don't need my parents. The more you know.

You you you. Oh, that won't do.

5. You introduced yourself.

- Goes together with number 04.

Example:

- Hi. My name is Hannah Montana and my parents died when I was 8 and I am now living with my best friend, Jerome who I love but he doesn't know and I know he doesn't feel the same way. I have pink hair and red eyes and I am 5'0 and I am soooo short!

It annoyed me to even type that. ^

Hoe don't do it.

6. You haven't updated since 1898

- Self explanatory. I want the stories I read to be finished, because I will forget what it's all about if you update once every millennium.

7. Over-describing.

- I don't want to know your full Starbucks order, thanks.

I hope this was somewhat useful in the making of your story.

Do not get offended. i am simply trying to help you. k Byeee