Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Pic: Sexy, Muscular, and Older-looking Steven)

Steven's POV

I saw this place as nothing more than a hell hole that provided me with an income. That rights, I HATED my job as the Lacrosse Coach of Ridgecrest High School. Even though most of the athletes on the team were part of my pack, the Black Mountain Pack, I still couldn't stand it here!

Not only being in this school, the very same one I attended with all the memories of pain as if they were glued to the wall for me to relive over and over again. But I could barely tolerate this town, the very same some that I would be permanently stuck to.

If only I could have left and seen what was beyond this town.

I understood that I would've had to come back eventually to become Alpha and take the reigns form my father, but I thought that I would be able to move away from here for at least some time. To be able to have a life the was separated from pack business, and even become the great the lacrosse player that I had been while I was attending Ridgecrest only several years ago! But it seemed fate had a different plan in story for my after the 'accident' at the end of my junior year.

I can still remember waking up in the hospital bed to find--

Stop it! You know we can't handle the pain right now even if it has been 7 years. My wolf barked at me.

But what if I want to feel the pain and succumb to the depression we've been holding back! I yelled right back, not in the mood to listen to my wolf's preaching.

My wolf simply responded with, Then you wouldn't be the Alpha that both of your parents envisioned you to be.

It only took those few small words of mentioning my parents that almost brought me to my knees, and brought the prickling to my eyes, threatening to show my emotions. It took all the strength and will power I had to keep myself from phasing into my wolf and going for a long, anger releasing run in the forestry behind the school.

The thought was so tempting I almost gave in, until the bell rang signalling the beginning of 1st period, snapping me out of it.

An Alpha does not show emotion! An Alpha CANNOT show emotion! I ranted to myself over and over again in my head, pushing the pain and sorrow to the back of my head where it's been for far too long.

I put my hard, emotionless mask back on my face as the students began to show up for gym. Heading over to each locker room, I yelled in that they only had 3 minutes to be dressed and on my the benches.

Just by saying those words, I knew that it was going to be a long day, or so I thought.

 * * * *

With all the other periods but 6th period over with, I took a breath, for the first time realizing that the end of the day was with in my grasp and I would be able to go back to my house, separate from the pack house, and be all alone.

However at that very moment, my nose picked up a whiff of a scent that was nothing like I had smelled before. It's intensity consisted of honey and freahly cut meadow grass mixed with a ... musk? Wait, that couldn't be right, could it?

But my wolf ignored it and pulled himself forward taking control as the 6th period students started to file in through the gym and headed straight for the locker rooms.

All he could growl was, "MATE!"

_________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys, so here is the 2nd chapter, and I know it's shorter than chapter 1, and for all the cliff hangers I put in it, but trust me all things will come to light within time!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for chapter 3 which I hope to have out by the end of the weekend!

VOTE!

COMMENT (the good and the bad)!

& SUBSCRIBE / FOLLOW!!!