Chapter 28

Chapter 28

(Pic: Civil War Bunker Entrance)

Bryan's POV

I tried to move my head and it felt heavy. It felt like when you wake up for a short nap. I felt groggy and unaware of my surroundings. With every second that passed by, I start to sense more of the things around me, like the damp, cold, concrete floor I was lying on, the thick metal band that surround my wrists, and the stench of mold and sewage coating the air.

I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't see anything. That's when I realized my eyes were open, but it was so dark here that I couldn't see anything. I tried to turn my head but a soreness took over, and I slowly everything started to come back to me.

I was in the bathroom with Molly, and then I remember hearing a crash and walking out of the stall to see her on the floor slouched over. After that it was blurry. I vaguely remember a hard prick from a long needle on my neck where the soreness was coming from, and the outline of a blonde bitch that gave me a smug look and had said something. But for the life of me I could remember what she had said.

Suddenly there was a scrapping of what sounded like a large piece of metal. Possibly a metal door, like the ones that were used for the bunker I was kidnapped from. The sound got closer, and then stopped. A few minutes later I heard the sound again, but this time it was right in front of me, maybe only 15 feet ahead of me. Then a blinding light came in from a widening crack that must have been a door and I had to shield my eyes as best I could behind my arms.

After my eyes had adjusted to incoming light, I was finally able to look around and see what my surroundings looked like. The walls were made of cobble stone and so what the ground. In the corner of the walls and on the ceiling I could see patches of what looked like black moss, but I figured that to be where the mold smell was coming. Parts of the floor in front of me were wet, but I had no idea what the cause was from. It could have been a wide arrange of things from rain, sewage, or burst pipes. Looking at the door, I still was only able to see a silhouette of a man.

The door opened wide enough that I could see a sign on the door that was severely faded and partially rusted over. I could barely make out what it said, and it dawned on me that this sign might be my only way that Steven could even find me.

ARTILLERY BUNKER #428
Authorized Soldiers Only!

I kept the image in my head but before I could reach out to Steven, the man walked into the room and as he got closer, I was able to make out his features, and the sight of him repulsed me to no end.

"Hello my love. How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while. Have you missed me?" Dustin asked and I had to keep the bile in my stomach from expelling from my lips.