Chapter 18

Callie had fallen asleep in the hospital bed, our child fighting on in her womb. I frowned as nurses came in and out, seeing our baby fade away. I held Callie’s hand through the whole thing, even in her sleep. When she woke up, she smiled at me. I felt my heart lift a bit and then remembered that I was the reason for her pain. We stayed up through the night mostly, until a nurse came in and informed us that we lost the baby. Despite being terrified of having a child, I couldn’t help but quietly cry as I bent my head down into the warm blankets of Callie’s bed. She massaged my neck as I quietly sobbed, her fingers pressing in gently.

                “Are you okay?” I asked her as I lifted my head. She nodded, closing her eyes as I rested my hand on her arm.

                “Yes.”

                She held my hand, and we just sat there, mourning. My moms walked in not long after. They seemed angry, but put on a sad face to ease our pain. Lena sat beside me as my mom sat on the other side of Callie, both them rubbing our backs and whispering their condolences.

                “You don’t need to lie to make us happy,” I mumbled to them. “It’s not like we asked for this either.”

                “No,” Callie agreed, shaking her head slightly. “It was a mistake, and I am sorry.” She sighed, tears spilling down her cheeks. “I deserve a group home.”

                “Callie, we will discuss this later, right now focus on relaxing okay?” my mom whispered, placing her hand on Callie’s shoulder. Jude walked in not long after with the twins. They crowded around us, watching Callie as she lie sad in bed, trying to make herself look relieved. I saw through it though.

                They went home eventually, but my moms let me stay seeing as upset we both were. Most likely Callie would be sent to a group home after this. This miscarriage would go on her record, the CPS would find out and she would be ripped from my arms. I tried to savor whatever time we had left, which I assumed wasn’t much.

                “I’m going to miss you so much,” she told me, her lower lip trembling slightly.

                “I’m going to miss you more, trust me,” I whispered, running my fingers up and down her arms.

                “If this is one of our last moments together,” she began, “I want you to kiss me like your life depended on it.”

                “I think it does,” I reply. “Because you are my life.”

                She didn’t hesitate after that to pull me down and kiss me. I smiled, feeling her lips against mine. I stood up so we could kiss in a more comfortable position. I intertwined my hands in her soft hair, feeling her hands run up along my back. We pulled away breathless and I frowned, touching her lip with my fingertip.

                “I don’t even think you realize how much I love you.”

Err so the votes got confusing. Many of you were unsure, and a lot of you gave some valid points of her not being pregnant. I liked it better this way and the votes were basically the same so I decided she wouldn’t be pregnant. This means though, that this Ballie fan fiction will be coming to an end so. Not sure when, but soon. And of course I will be starting up a new one (:

Anyways, 8 comments and 20 votes please