Chapter 13

I absolutely need to explain why I haven’t posted the past few days.

I’m bothered by some of the messages I get telling me to “write more”, “make it longer”, “stop asking for comments and just post”, etc. It brings my mood down greatly and honestly makes me not want to post at all. I don’t throw random shit in chapter, as some other people do. I try my best to make something realistic that us Ballie shippers would love to see happen. It takes hard work and time. I think I deserve some feedback with votes and comments, don’t you?

Now I’m going to continue to post, but please do not rush me. I will do my best to post when I can. I’m not mad at you, just frustrated. I love you all dearly, and appreciate you reading my story, I really do. Just remember, it takes a lot of work to write a chapter.

Okay on to the chapter now

                I sat calmly on a stool beside Callie who anxiously bit her nails as she waited for my moms to enter the room. Her eyes were already beginning to glaze over, my heart breaking slightly. I reached my hand out and placed it on her upper thigh, massaging it gently. She looked at me, the ends of her mouth twitching up into a sad smile.

                “Alright,” Lena clapped as she entered the kitchen, Stef following with a slight aggravated look on her face. That must have been in the midst of a disagreement.

                “Get explaining,” my mom said, placing her hands on her hips and eyeing both of us like we were criminals. Callie opened her mouth, but she froze and closed it, dropping her head.

                “You know the beginning,” Callie mouthed as a halfhearted response.

                “We kissed,” I reminded them.

                “Jude, he was so mad at me and I just thought running away would be good. I don’t know, I was hoping you’d still adopt Jude and forget about me.” Her voice was shaky and her eyes were drooping as tears began to slightly fall from her eyes. “I don’t know where you’ll send me, but please make this Jude’s home.”

                “Callie, you’re not going anywhere,” Lena said.

                “But,” my mom whispered, “you can’t have a relationship. We absolutely cannot allow that. It’s against the rules.” I dropped my head, and tightened my hand into a fist, my head pounding. “I know, you can’t control who you love, Lena and I know that best,” she laughed, glancing at Lena lovingly. “This just can’t happen,” she returned her eyes to us and waved her finger between us. “At all,” she added.

                Callie didn’t budge, but a look of happiness lit up across her features. Was she happy to be rid of me? I sighed, running my hand through my hair. Lena looked at me, a sad smile sprouting across her lips. “Brandon, Callie, I know this is hard, but I’m sure there are plenty of other people out there,” she told us, Callie now fidgeting beside me. I didn’t look at any of them in the eye, feeling a burning sensation behind my eyelids warning me of tears.

                “I don’t want to lose this place,” Callie told me, as if my moms weren’t in the room. “I’m sorry Brandon,” she whispered.

Short because I had to rant and have a bit of writer’s block. I’m heading to bead

6 comments and 10 votes please